Independent character and hammerhand - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-11, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Bushido's Flag is: South Africa

Independent character and hammerhand

Im not sure if this has already been established one way or the other, but if an independent character joins a unit and casts hammerhand does the unit also benefit from the +1S?

The way I understand it is that when an independent character joins a unit they are considered as a single unit with a couple of exceptions. Which in my mind would mean that since a single unit in a strike squad for example casts hammerhand and the rest of his unit benefits then, yes an independent character's hammerhand will affect a unit he has joined.

However the thing that throws me off is; "all models in the unit (including independent characters) have +1 strength" this seems to imply that they arent treated as a single unit for hammerhand. In other words the fact that the make special provision for hammerhand affecting an independent character when cast from a unit he has joined but fail to mention what happens in the reverse implies that the intention is that it does not cross over.

I am personally leaning to the side that says that an independent character's hammerhand affects a unit he has joined because that would make sense if a unit's hammerhand affects an independent character.

I love the game, but the guys that wrote this codex were either high, trying to mess with us, or in a worrying state of mental capacity.

"In the morning I will be sober but you will still be ugly"

Also known as lt_sparky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-11, 11:32 AM

Yes they get it, the Clarification is just so people don't get confused with the IC's striking as a separate unit in CC.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-11, 11:41 AM

fynn's Flag is: United Kingdom

i wish the tourny i was at on saturday agreed to that, as i was not allowed to stack hammerhand in a squad of termies with a grand master, and its fucking anoying, as the ruleing was made in the last seconds of the game during a vital combat that would me either a draw for me, or a loose, and the discession may have cost me the game, as instead of needing 4's to wound, i now needed 5's (got 11 hits, rolled 4 5's and 5 4's, which was a bitch, as those extra invun saves could have made the difference)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-11, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Bushido's Flag is: South Africa

I think this one going to be fought over until an faq is released, assuming of course that they address it in the faq.

Quote:
i wish the tourny i was at on saturday agreed to that, as i was not allowed to stack hammerhand in a squad of termies with a grand master
But stacking hammerhands is something totally different. I would have to say that I don't think hammerhand stacks otherwise they would have said so like how they expressly pointed out that hammerhand and might or titan stack. Although that's just how I feel about it but I still think it's not clear enough to make any kind of definite ruling.

"In the morning I will be sober but you will still be ugly"

Also known as lt_sparky

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode