Questions about number of Attacks in CC - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-06-11, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Bayonet's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Questions about number of Attacks in CC

Hi Guys, couple of quick situations just to make sure I'm understanding the amount of attacks the following models get:

Unit 1:
Space Wolf Bloodclaw
Has 1 attack in it's profile, it is then armed with a Pistol and a Chainsword, despite these being 2 CC weapons the Blood Claw has 2 attacks (before taking into account charge etc.)

Unit 2:
Wolf Guard
Has 2 attacks in it's profile, I then equip it with twin lightning/wolf claws. This model then has 4 attacks because it's 2 of the same special weapon? (and with them being claws I can re-roll failed to wound).

Unit 3:
Wolf Guard
Has 2 attacks in it's profile and 'close combat weapon' listed in it's wargear, it has a Storm Bolter and a Power Fist. This model has 3 attacks, it's normal 2 and then extra 1 for the CC weapon but nothing extra for the power fist?

If anyone could tell me if I'm right or not that'd be great, I'm just trying to understand this side of the rules a little better!

Bayonet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-06-11, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayonet View Post
Unit 1:
Space Wolf Bloodclaw
Has 1 attack in it's profile, it is then armed with a Pistol and a Chainsword, despite these being 2 CC weapons the Blood Claw has 2 attacks (before taking into account charge etc.)
He has 1 Base + 1 for 2 CCW's for a total of 2.

Quote:
Unit 2:
Wolf Guard
Has 2 attacks in it's profile, I then equip it with twin lightning/wolf claws. This model then has 4 attacks because it's 2 of the same special weapon? (and with them being claws I can re-roll failed to wound).
He has 2 Base, then he would not get the bonus attack for having two CCW's BUT Lightning Claws have an exception so he gets +1 attack for having a Pair of Lightning Claws for a total of 3.

Quote:
Unit 3:
Wolf Guard
Has 2 attacks in it's profile and 'close combat weapon' listed in it's wargear, it has a Storm Bolter and a Power Fist. This model has 3 attacks, it's normal 2 and then extra 1 for the CC weapon but nothing extra for the power fist?
This guy has 2 Base, and thats it, just 2 attacks. He will uncontrollably use his powerfist in CC and you never get a bonus attack with a powerfist unless you have 2 of them.

This is all on Page 42 of the BRB

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-06-11, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Bayonet's Flag is: United Kingdom

Thanks for that Aramoro, I was reading the BRB and just trying to make sense of it.

That's that cleared up now!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode