Blood angels death company? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-11, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

5tonsledge's Flag is: USA

Default Blood angels death company?

so i was playing a friendly 2500 point game with a friend and he had one squad of death company with 28 guys with power swords and jet packs. also he had lemartes with them putting them too 29 guys and then on top of that he had cammander dante with them so 30. to fill the points out he had 3 dev squads with 3 lascannons and 1 multi melta. then 2 scout squads with rocket launchers
is it possible to have a bad ass unit of death company like that
cause if it is im going to play blood angels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-11, 09:40 AM

chromedog's Flag is: Australia

You can have up to 1 DC unit (unless you have one of the special character leader types) of up to 30 DC members. I'm not sure whether they can all have power weapons or whatever, but yes, you can have a unit of 30, with a SP and Dante.

The DC can't score (their own rules) but they can sure as hell make a mess of your scoring units.

Hey! Where'd ... Everybody ... go?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-11, 09:46 AM

Yup you can have that unit, it's not very handy though. They can all dual Wield Thunder Hammers if you like, but then your 30 Man unit with Lematres and Jump Packs comes in at 3000 points.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-11, 10:00 AM

wombat_tree's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonsledge View Post
so i was playing a friendly 2500 point game with a friend and he had one squad of death company with 28 guys with power swords and jet packs. also he had lemartes with them putting them too 29 guys and then on top of that he had cammander dante with them so 30. to fill the points out he had 3 dev squads with 3 lascannons and 1 multi melta. then 2 scout squads with rocket launchers
is it possible to have a bad ass unit of death company like that
cause if it is im going to play blood angels
Interestingly my friend proposed using (almost) that exact same unit today. Coincidence? Yeah, probably.

On a different note, what would be a good way for a chaos player to deal with such a unit (30 Death Company with Jump packs and Power weapons, joined by Lemartes)? I was thinking perhaps mass defilers, I figure plenty of large blasts at strength 8 and armour piercing three should do the trick.

Praise the sun!

Last edited by wombat_tree; 03-07-11 at 10:02 AM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-11, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat_tree View Post
Interestingly my friend proposed using (almost) that exact same unit today. Coincidence? Yeah, probably.

On a different note, what would be a good way for a chaos player to deal with such a unit (30 Death Company with Jump packs and Power weapons, joined by Lemartes)? I was thinking perhaps three defilers, I figure 3 large blasts at strength 8 and armour piercing three should do the trick.
A single Raptor moving away from them. Problem solved.

Aramoro

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-11, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat_tree View Post

On a different note, what would be a good way for a chaos player to deal with such a unit (30 Death Company with Jump packs and Power weapons, joined by Lemartes)? I was thinking perhaps mass defilers, I figure plenty of large blasts at strength 8 and armour piercing three should do the trick.
thats cool youre friend wants to use that unit. although the problem with deepstriking shit against a chaos player is we have lash and one turn to try and reck that squad. lol
i ended up double lashing the squad into a giant blob. and hitting them with 6 doom sirens. lol the squad disapered fast but surprisingly they still managed to keep like 7 alive. got to remember they have that bull shit Feel no Pain the nice thing was that my squads are broken up into 6 5man squads. so he couldnt mass whipe my army. it worked out though. cause he killed the squad the same turn he assualted them. and then i got to hit him with more templates.
I ended up killing dante last but after i foolishly assualted him with a daemon prince. the bastard is insane, killed my prince then i killed him with my dev squads. i didnt realize the bastard was initiative 6 when i assualted. it was funny though we had a argument right off the bat when he tried to death mask my daemon prince. ha ha he was pissed that my HQ isnt a independent character.
anyways i was just shocked about how awesome you can deck out death comp. although i would suggest running them in a land raider instead of deepstriking a unit that cost 1650 by itself
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-11, 06:45 PM

Azrell's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonsledge View Post
thats cool youre friend wants to use that unit. although the problem with deepstriking shit against a chaos player is we have lash and one turn to try and reck that squad. lol
i ended up double lashing the squad into a giant blob. and hitting them with 6 doom sirens. lol the squad disapered fast but surprisingly they still managed to keep like 7 alive. got to remember they have that bull shit Feel no Pain the nice thing was that my squads are broken up into 6 5man squads. so he couldnt mass whipe my army. it worked out though. cause he killed the squad the same turn he assualted them. and then i got to hit him with more templates.
I ended up killing dante last but after i foolishly assualted him with a daemon prince. the bastard is insane, killed my prince then i killed him with my dev squads. i didnt realize the bastard was initiative 6 when i assualted. it was funny though we had a argument right off the bat when he tried to death mask my daemon prince. ha ha he was pissed that my HQ isnt a independent character.
anyways i was just shocked about how awesome you can deck out death comp. although i would suggest running them in a land raider instead of deepstriking a unit that cost 1650 by itself
Just some friendly advice, if your daemon prince had trouble with dante i would not even think of entering the same board half as mephiston. Aslo your probably lucky you assalted, his deathmask can also make you WS1 if you fail a leadership check, and no fearless does not apply to leadership checks only moral and pinning.

But all joking aside, dante is like blood angels, hits you like a bathtub full of 15" dildos running a train on your mother, but with only enough batteries for 2 min.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-11, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrell View Post
Just some friendly advice, if your daemon prince had trouble with dante i would not even think of entering the same board half as mephiston. Aslo your probably lucky you assalted, his deathmask can also make you WS1 if you fail a leadership check, and no fearless does not apply to leadership checks only moral and pinning.

But all joking aside, dante is like blood angels, hits you like a bathtub full of 15" dildos running a train on your mother, but with only enough batteries for 2 min.
oh good god mephiston. i killed him a couple game backs by hitting him with 12 lascannon shots. other than vulkan i have never seen anyone make that many invul saves. i havent really had a lot of trouble with the new BA army but i do hate how good they can be. Ive been making lists with Army Builder and everything seems really cheesed out. The one thing i find the hardest to get over is that BA dev squads take lascannons for 10 points cheaper then i do. If i got mine for that cheap i would have 120 points extra to spend on my army.
I think the main reason i havent had to much trouble with them is my AP3 doom sirens. Oh and dosent Mephiston have that bull shit Blood Lance power. cause ive encountered a couple of those since the dex. some bastard killed 3 of my 9 rhinos with one shot.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-11, 08:55 AM

Mephiston doesn't have an invulnerable save, 5 or 6 Lascannon shots are usually enough.

Aramoro

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-11, 11:47 AM
Jeep's and Harley's

OIIIIIIO's Flag is: USA

Perhaps he means cover save?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode