Casualty removal from blasts/templates - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-08, 12:39 AM

Steel Rain's Flag is: USA

it's just like I answered it, Culler. Straight out of the errata almost word for word

Quote:
*sigh* I have to point out that despite what you see in games, lasrifles win wars. Just because lasrifles suck at killing superhuman killing machines in power armor does not mean that they are bad weapons. You are shooting them at the wrong targets. The most common enemy the Imperium faces is lightly armored humans armed with lasguns or autoguns, NOT SPACE MARINES.
-me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-08, 01:58 AM

so if i hit you with a flamer and only hit one, you take the one off the rear?
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-08, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

Culler's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Rain View Post
it's just like I answered it, Culler. Straight out of the errata almost word for word
TY. Just trying to get a consensus. It's kind of silly but it seems like the best way.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-08, 05:57 AM

purepolarpanzer's Flag is: USA

I can see the argument for the "anywhere in the unit removal". Combat is not turn based, and therefore you can't drop a shell on a unit that's standing still. Presumably, they are moving, breathing, thinking beings who are not fixed in one place. Yes, I know 40k isn't like a real battle field, but I said I understood the argument, not that I endorsed it.

In all reality, they do it to prevent commander sniping.

And in a moment which saved the galaxy from complete annihilation, the Ork put down the Pulse Rifle, knowng nothing of it's strength and rapidfire capabilities, but only that it didn't make a loud enough noise and that it tasted like the bad parts of a squig.

Ork Dakka-ta-Death Army- 2-0-0 Because nothing is more insulting then being out shot by BS 2 Orks.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-08, 09:26 AM

koosbeer's Flag is: South Africa

I'm gonna jump in here because there are some things I don't understand. I place a blast template over a unit, roll for scatter and it settles over 4 of his models. Now he rolls for the wound save and fails all four. Then he removes 4 models from the unit. Is this right?

“From iron cometh strength! From strength cometh will! From will cometh faith! From faith cometh honour! From honour cometh iron!”
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-08, 10:12 AM

yeah thats right, even if you have a line of 30 grotz and rremove the last 4 on the other side... that's raw
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-08, 10:56 AM

Now for a question on flamer template sniping. If your flamer template can only reach one model in the unit, does that model have to be the one taking saves/dying? The flamer template only has "range" to him because of the length of the template, or is there a rule that would override this?
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-08, 12:34 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

You can only wound models in range of the Template, but you can take the models from anywhere in the squad? Bit of a paradox there.

In answer though, you take the casualty from anywhere in the squad, unless it specifically states otherwise (for example, a Vindicare Version of a Missile Launcher, if there was such a thing).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-08, 02:16 PM

Steel Rain's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by purepolarpanzer View Post
I can see the argument for the "anywhere in the unit removal". Combat is not turn based, and therefore you can't drop a shell on a unit that's standing still. Presumably, they are moving, breathing, thinking beings who are not fixed in one place. Yes, I know 40k isn't like a real battle field, but I said I understood the argument, not that I endorsed it.

In all reality, they do it to prevent commander sniping.
That is the reason why the rule is the way it is. Only vindicares can pick out models.

Quote:
*sigh* I have to point out that despite what you see in games, lasrifles win wars. Just because lasrifles suck at killing superhuman killing machines in power armor does not mean that they are bad weapons. You are shooting them at the wrong targets. The most common enemy the Imperium faces is lightly armored humans armed with lasguns or autoguns, NOT SPACE MARINES.
-me
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-08, 03:02 PM
Inquisitor

Bishop120's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
Now for a question on flamer template sniping. If your flamer template can only reach one model in the unit, does that model have to be the one taking saves/dying? The flamer template only has "range" to him because of the length of the template, or is there a rule that would override this?
Yes. If that is the only model in range that can be hit then yes he would be the only model that could be removed. Page 22 of the CRB - Second paragraph, second sentence.. Any model int the target units which are actually out of range can't be hit by shooting.

Its the same for blast weapons as well. Imagine that you have a squad of troopers out at ~36" away from a trooper with a Plasma Cannon.. he shoots, he hits, you go to put the template down and there is only one model that you can put the template over but depending on how you move the template 1 of 2 other troops could be a partial. If the partial hits then you could remove 1 of those 2 troops, but if not then the only troop that is able to be removed is the one under the template because he is the only one within range of the firer. Someone who wants to be a real rules laywer can say that the troops who are partials couldnt be hit due to the above rules as they are actually out of range but everyone I've played or talked to so far has kinda held that its possible for the template to go over the range and get secondary (partial) casualties just so long as the whole at the center of the template does not cross the weapons range.

Ordinance and Barrage weapons ignore this rule as they are capable of scattering outside of their range so any model in the target unit is viable for being a casualty from them.

"The warrior who acts out of honor cannot fail. His honour is duty itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear."

- Roboute Guilliman
Primarch of the Ultramarines

Last edited by Bishop120; 04-02-08 at 03:10 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode