Do you have to ask your opponents permission for IA - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-03-11, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marneus Calgar View Post
I would have assumed that most people should be fine, since IA is almost like a codex, with the rules for those units in them. However, there are some idiots who might think it's an uber unit and won't let you take it. I for one, would love to play a unit from IA, and I'm sure my opponents at my flgs would let me, proviided I have the datasheet on me.
...Land Raider Achilles

IA is in no way balanced properly and should only be used in preagreed friendly games.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-03-11, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

zas240's Flag is: Wales

Thanks guys better not get repainting my guys to being from IA 9 yet then :L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
They are going to be called in to righteously kick the shit out of deamons and heretics before fucking off back to Titan for tea and crumpets, leaving the chaos gods thinking "I fucking hate those guys"
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-03-11, 05:33 PM

fynn's Flag is: United Kingdom

theres nothing to stop you painting the army as one from the IA books, just allow for it to be used with a standard codex, and the IA book.
I know a guy with DKoK army, and hes got it set up so he use either the IG codex or the IA book

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-11, 11:35 PM

ArchangelPaladin's Flag is: USA

Yes please ask, as I'm in agreement with OpTi. A Land Raider Achilles is a big fat fagtank... how is an immune to melta/lance av14 all rounder with -1 to damage fair at all even for a 1000 points? And that's disregarding the fact that it's only 50 point more than a normal LR.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-11, 11:54 PM

unixknight's Flag is: USA

So yeah everybody prettymuch agrees that yes, you need permission.

And I agree. I mean, honestly, what would you do otherwise?

"Yeah I've got this unit of Tempest speeders and I'm gonna use 'em in our friendly pickup game. What? You haven't heard of them? I can't use them? Sorry buddy but I spent good money on these and lots of time painting 'em so you're just gonna have to suck it up. Now, shall we roll for mission type?"
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 02:19 AM

chromedog's Flag is: Australia

Yeah sure. It's a "you win" on a 1+. :D

Give him his victory, then go play someone else. I stopped playing pick up games in stores many years ago - switched to pre-arranged games against particular opponents, with agreed upon points, rule subsets, etc.

Hey! Where'd ... Everybody ... go?
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-11, 01:28 AM

Alexious's Flag is: Australia

The thing which this has led too is unfortunate.... abuse of the IA rules. I agree that they are not to be used for certain things and if you agree to it, good for you. As hobo stated, in his group they are all pretty cool. I think IA gives you a great scope for models... and why not... its a big part of the hobby in general.

Unfortuantely what this has led too, is form most games pre-arranged people build a list now toward a specific foe instead of ok... lets see how my army fares against this... or that... the time of the tailored force for every game has arrived and it drives me a little nuts... People change weapons, load outs, even entire FOC when they know they are going to face specific opponent types. I think thats silly... I like to NOT know what I am facing... NOT study my opponents list till after the game so that I get a truly tactical and stretegic experience. However its becoming harder and harder to find those games outside of the comp environment and even inside some of the comp environments... As if my IG commander knows what that razorback is holding? pffffffttttt. He shouldn't unless he has some ability or item that allows him. (my 2 cents!)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode