DH/WH ally question. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-10, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

abitterbuffalo's Flag is: USA

Default DH/WH ally question.

If you are using Witch Hunters with Deamon Hunter allies, is it possible to field two Temple Assassins, satisfying the 0-1 limit from both Codex separately?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-10, 08:15 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

No, you can only have 1 Temple Assassin in your army in total.

Of course in Apocalypse you can do what you like, but that's an entirely different kettle of fish.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-10, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Ok, that does make sense. Though, is this because the 0-1 limit works on an army wide basis and not individual Codex? If this is the case, then can you not take more than one assassin if you are playing a team game with one WH, one DH? My thought process is that since in team games you have to satisfy forced organization with both players on a team separately, but the army is counted as one, then all 0-# limits count against both players.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-10, 09:16 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

That sounds like something that would differ from tournament organiser to tournament organiser (as I presume that would be the main time you'd be playing intergrated doubles).
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-10, 10:11 PM

Azezel's Flag is: United Kingdom

You may have one per Force Organization Chart.

The question is thus, how many FoCs per side are in use in the team game?

Looking for a friendly wargaming club on the Isle of Wight? Drop me a line.

Sisters of Battle - The Order of Glory Undimmed - 2'500 Points | High Elves - House Cyredeth - 2'500 Points | Bretonnians - The Muster of Sir Jules Estelle - 3'000 Points
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-10, 10:48 PM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

The rules for Assassins specifically state that you may not have more than one in any army for any reason. Of course Apocabuymoremodels throws anything like that out the window.

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-28-10, 12:55 AM

OrdoMalleus's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
The rules for Assassins specifically state that you may not have more than one in any army for any reason. Of course Apocabuymoremodels throws anything like that out the window.

No the rules for assasins state that you can only have 0-1 imperial assasin from that Codex. WH assasins and DH assasin are in effect different 0-1 units. (The DH FAQ backs this up stating you can only take an assasin from your codex providing you have an inquisitor from the same codex.) There is nothing to stop you feilding 2 assasins if you have an allied army of WH &DH.

Therefore you can have 1 imperial assasin from C:DH providing you have an Daemonhunter Inquistor, and then another imperial assasin providing it is from the WH codex and you have a WH inquisitor as long as you also have your 2 troops and a HQ.

However bearing in mind that you can only take 3 Elites from the FOC either your WH or daemonhunter Inquistor must be an Inq.Lord (and a therefore a HQ) to enable you to fit it in.

However be warned people are perfectly entitled to throw something at you if you tag-team them with two eversors or Callidius........... :D
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-28-10, 01:12 AM

The FAQ actually only states that you may take the assassin if you have the correct inquisitor lord. It never mentions anything about allowing you to take two of them.

I find it pretty hard to argue with the wording in both the Witchhunters and Daemonhunters codex.

Quote:
Note that no more than one Officio Assassinorum Operative can be used in any force for any reason.
Page 26 form Daemonhunters and 30 from Witchhunters.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-28-10, 02:06 AM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdoMalleus View Post
No the rules for assasins state that you can only have 0-1 imperial assasin from that Codex. :D

Ahem....

Quote:
Note that no more than one Officio Assassinorum Operative can be used in any force for any reason.

Bitch, please....

lol

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-28-10, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Hmmm, according to the: no more than one for any reason, line I would say that you would only be able to field one in a team game as I described above. If it were one per organization chart... well... allies technically use separate charts.

I guess it would come down to the event organizer, but I'm thinking more for home games. I have a friend who plays Tyranid, but is thinking about picking up Grey Knights. As I play Witch Hunters, her and I will probably be teaming up a lot. I'm pretty sure I can convince my other friends to let us use two assassins.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode