Daemonic spastic ponys? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-10, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Maugoth's Flag is: England

Default Daemonic spastic ponys?

i like the fiends in game but i think the models look like spasticated ponys on crack, the cold ones on the other hand do look cool and i have seen a couple of posts with people saying they use cold ones instead, i was just wondering if using the cold ones is tournament legal or if going to tournaments i would actually need the spastic ponys?

also any ideas of other good models to use for representing them that i might not have seen/heard of?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-10, 01:05 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

It's legal. GW is GW.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-10, 01:08 PM

I think I'm going to have to call all my Fiends Daemonic Spastic Ponies from now on. I use converted up Fiends and no one ever complains about those.

Aramoro

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-10, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

coolio thanks for the answers guys,heres another question for you about 40K daemons

Heralds on chariots: I was thinking about using the Chaos chariot as it is(with the horses and putting a Daemon on it so a Bloodletter for a Khorn herald or a Horror for a Tzeentch herald would that be a good way to go since it will all be GW stuff so tourny legal? Or would i have to modify it to be pulled by juggernaughts for khorn heralds and screamers for a Tzeentch herald?

Base size: do i mount it on the normal square chariot base? if not what size base would it be, i would guess the oval base a trygon is mounted on but i'm not sure

These things would be so simple if GW released models for whats in the codex

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-10, 01:24 AM

I wouldn't race to use the super MC base.
-Herald of Khorne on chariot = 60mm round base (Large circle, just like all other models on/with Juggernauts)
-Herald of Slaanesh on chariot = 60mm round base (this is really an assumption, but since a chariot and two seeker mounts won't fit on a 40mm, its probably the best option)
-Herald of Tzeentch on chariot = Large Flying base (it's a Jetbike, thus this is the only option)

Can't be sure what people will accept, this isn't an extreme stretch for a 'counts as', but I really like the look of the 'right' beasts of burden pulling the chariots.

RUSS!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-10, 04:05 AM

solkan's Flag is: USA

As counter argument to TimberWolfA's statements, here are some nice pictures of works in progress comparing the sizes of 60mm bases and how much room is actually needed for a chariot.

You CANNOT PHYSICALLY FIT a chariot hull and either two steeds or a bloodcrusher on a 60mm base. For the partial model in the lower left, the base in question is a 60mm round base. You'll note that the wheels of the chariot hull are completely off of the base, as are over half of each steed model. Right next to it is what you get if you take a High Elf chariot hull, and put that behind two steeds and place it on a 50x100 chariot base.

Likewise, compare Skulltaker on Juggernaught (upper left) to Skulltaker on Chariot of Khorne (using a beastman chariot hull). The Chariot of Khorne would need a base at least 80mm long to fit.

I'd include a Screaming Chariot making a similar argument, but mine broke and I'm still putting it back together.

Fight for freedom against the undead Emporer!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-10, 01:17 PM

Cruor99's Flag is: Norway

You could check out my thread https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=71903 for ideas on Fiends and Heralds.

There is no herald model, so the base you use is basicaly up to you. The Chariot base works best, I find, because it's, you know, a Chariot base

The day you met me may have been the most life-changing day of your life. For me, it was simply tuesday.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-10, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

The only reason i was asking about the base size is because i always thought round bases were for 40k and square ones are for fantasy so figured the oval trygon base would be the best bet for a 40k chariot base

thanks for all the info so far guys and i will go check out that link as soon as i get chance Cruor99 thanks

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-10, 01:37 AM

The pictures are very convincing. I'll concede that Heralds of Khorne and Slaanesh on Chariots would probably look a little silly on 60mm bases and maybe should be placed on the 'Large Oval' base. Since we are talking about 40K though, I can't justify putting the Herald of Tzeentch with Chariot on anything larger than the Large Flying Base (60mm clear). Land Speeders are on the 60mm clear. Eldar and Tau Skimmer Vehicles (larger than SM Rhinos) are placed on the 60mm clear large flying base. Only Valkyrie variants are placed on the "large oval with clear flying stem".

RUSS!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-10, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

+rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberWolfA View Post
Since we are talking about 40K though, I can't justify putting the Herald of Tzeentch with Chariot on anything larger than the Large Flying Base (60mm clear). Land Speeders are on the 60mm clear. Eldar and Tau Skimmer Vehicles (larger than SM Rhinos) are placed on the 60mm clear large flying base. Only Valkyrie variants are placed on the "large oval with clear flying stem".
This is a very good point and tbh i think you have got it spot on, it defo makes sense to put them on the large flying base since they count as a jetbike and when you look at the flying models around that are pretty big and are still only on a 60mm flying base

thanks for the answers everyone

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode