Couple of easy questions. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-10, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Crimzzen's Flag is: Canada

Default Couple of easy questions.

Hey heresy, just a couple of clarifications.

How far could you drive a regular rhino and use a psychic ability. How about a shooting psychic ability?

Can you use a force weapon in your opponents turn if you cast a psychic ability during your turn?

Thanks,

Allouttabubblegum? - 40K Blog - contains batreps, tactics, and all my work including past and present! Sign up today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-10, 11:30 PM

Flame80010's Flag is: New Zealand

oi think its any distance for normal phsycic abilitys and for shotting atatcks its as far as you can normaly move and shoot with a normal ranged weapon

as for the force staff thing, you can only do it if you can cast more the one power per turn

IE: you can cast two powers per turn, you cast a shooting power then charge, you can then use your force weapons because you still have a phsycic power left to cast that turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
Don't do it. If you find yourself thinking "Gee, I wish I had a Power Fist right about now" while playing IG, you did something wrong.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-10, 11:32 PM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzzen View Post
Hey heresy, just a couple of clarifications.

How far could you drive a regular rhino and use a psychic ability. How about a shooting psychic ability?

Can you use a force weapon in your opponents turn if you cast a psychic ability during your turn?

Thanks,
1) any distance if its a non-shooting power. 6" if it's a shooting power, as it counts as shooting a weapon.

2) yes. You may use 1 psychic power per turn. In the beginning of the book (forget page no.), it explains that "turn" means "player turn", except where specified. So you get one power per player turn, which means one power in both your turn and your opponents turn.

Hope that helps

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-10, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Crimzzen's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame80010 View Post
oi think its any distance for normal phsycic abilitys and for shotting atatcks its as far as you can normaly move and shoot with a normal ranged weapon

as for the force staff thing, you can only do it if you can cast more the one power per turn

IE: you can cast two powers per turn, you cast a shooting power then charge, you can then use your force weapons because you still have a phsycic power left to cast that turn
I figured as much for the psychic abilities.

For the staff, what I mean was; what if its now their turn. I used a psychic ability on my turn, can I force weapon now that its their turn?

Allouttabubblegum? - 40K Blog - contains batreps, tactics, and all my work including past and present! Sign up today!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-10, 11:40 PM

Flame80010's Flag is: New Zealand

dam you lysdexia (lol xD)

mad got it right as far as i know

turn means player turn not game turn (unless it says game turn :o)

you can also cast some other powers in your enemys turn (IE Warptime for chaos) when if you casted them inm your turn

so yay for you :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
Don't do it. If you find yourself thinking "Gee, I wish I had a Power Fist right about now" while playing IG, you did something wrong.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-10, 08:15 AM

jaws900's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzzen View Post

1 -Dempnds on the type of ability. Yolu can use any psychic power that isn't a shooting attack from within a rhino or toehr tank (unless otherwise stated). Shooting psychic attacks have the normal shooting rules fo you can move 6" a shoot upto 2 shoots out of the rhinos hatch or 12" if it's Fast (like the Blood Angles one)

2 - You can use upto X powers per turn. This is only that turn as with rules like Furious charge. It means that yes you can use your force weapon as well as some psychic powers which allow this such as Might of the Anciants and Sanguine Shield which speciafically say they can be used turing your oppoents turn.

"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

People i have turned into Chaos Spawn
Marneus Calgar
Pedro Kantor
Terminator Chaplin
Terminator Apothecary
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-10, 02:25 PM

ok now I have a question. I have a farseer with spirit stones. On my turn I cast mindwar and guide. Does that mean on his turn I can cast fortune and Doom?

or On my turn I cast mindwar and guide and thats it until my next turn?

If I only cast one ability on my turn can I cast one on his thats not a shooting ability?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-10, 02:28 PM

You can only cast the Eldar Power on your own turn.

Aramoro
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-10, 02:37 PM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Armoro is correct on this one. Check the rules for Eldar psychic powers - they are used at the start of the Eldar turn, unless otherwise specified - that means no casting in the opponents turn.

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-10, 02:06 PM

don_mondo's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaws900 View Post
1 -Dempnds on the type of ability. Yolu can use any psychic power that isn't a shooting attack from within a rhino or toehr tank (unless otherwise stated). Shooting psychic attacks have the normal shooting rules fo you can move 6" a shoot upto 2 shoots out of the rhinos hatch or 12" if it's Fast (like the Blood Angles one)
No, any movement over 6" prevents an embarked unit from shooting. Doesn't matter if the vehicle is fast or not, an embarked unit still may not shoot if the vehicle moves more than 6". The fact that the vehicle is able to shoot when it moves over 6" has no bearing on whether or not the embarked unit can fire.

Don "MONDO"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode