The Non-existent "Squish" rule - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-10, 12:03 PM

KingOfCheese's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T Hobbit View Post
Possibly resolvable with the addition of an initiative test to determine whether the unit is quick thinking enough to plot a safe escape route.
All vehicles equipped with JotWW????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-10, 12:15 PM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfCheese View Post
All vehicles equipped with JotWW????

I meant as well as other suggested rules.

(1) Make Leadership test to get out the way; if passed vehicle moves through normally, otherwise determine flee distance
(2) If unit can flee further than vehicle will travel they avoid being squished; otherwise determine flee direction
(3) Make initiative test for each model in unit to move in a sane and safe direction; if passed the model moves out the way if failed they take a wound.

Possible additions would be AP and/or number of wounds based on speed of vehicle.

also the various test to avoid could be modified by vehicle speed; a milk float after all is easier to dodge than a sports car.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-10, 03:24 PM

Herr-Flick's Flag is: Netherlands

Well tbh im ok with a tank shock causing x wounds (i would prefer it over its use as it is), but im very much not ok with the if they break their morale and get caught they are destroyed as was suggested .

And vehicles dont have and init so you cant do a init test vs them, but i like the idea.

Sanity is Nothing but an Illusion of the Insane

Please dont mind my spelling, dyslectic Dutchman trying to type

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-09-10, 02:12 AM

Deathscythe4722's Flag is: USA

I dont think adding a squish rule is really necessary. Tank Shock is strong enough as-is.

However, i wouldn't mind the inclusion of more Deffrolla-esque wargear on non-ork codexes.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-09-10, 06:06 AM

Well CSM used to have the Khornate Destroyer upgrade when you could dedicate vehicles to Chaos Gods.

"Oh, they'll never hit us from all the way over th-"

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-10-10, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Nectar of the Gods!

shampawnya's Flag is: Canada

Okay I agree with the possibility of the addition of some sort of upgrade, in each race's codex, to tanks that work like the ork deffrolla...

But I think that some of the people completely against the idea are just scared! This whole idea was brought up because of a game between my IG and Orks... and the pure frustration of me repeatedly tank shocking the same squad only to have them move out of the way or flee 4"... I wanted some SQUISH! BTW the Ork player in question is also scared of the idea...
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-10-10, 05:30 AM

Push them off the field, or bunch them up and flamer them. Your army gets rather solid access to HFs, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
I'm probably going to follow my usual Eldar tactic of driving around the table "circling and screaming 'I don't give a fuck' with my windows down and system up" and avoiding anything that looks scary.
Her(?) name may be slightly inapropriate, but she just needs love! And I just need to eat your face!
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-10-10, 05:51 AM
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

I agree with the idea that there should be a way to kill things when tank shocking.

seems like we almost have some good ways to do it here...

there must be something thats fair.

i'm just going to put this out there. maybe the armor values can be used to go against the initiatives. Something like: if the unit getting tank shocked fails a morale test then they must take a second test taking the unit's initiative plus 2d6 and if its higher than the vehicles highest armor value then the unit does not get squished. this would help things like rhinos squishing less often because they are so common a vehicle, and bigger thigns like land raiders squishing more often as they are a bigger vehicle and would be hrader tog et out of the way of. still...the whole unit dieing instantly could be a big argument starter and seem really unfair as mentioned. so yeah maybe give the unit its regular armor saves still, just count as many hits made as there are models in the unit perhaps.

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-10-10, 10:01 AM

You're trying to make a rule which makes sense in a fluffy kind of way but tying that to AV is totally irrelevant. Getting hit by a Rhino doing 60 will squash you wheras a Monolith slowly bobbing up to you and gently nudging you wont make you explode in a shower of bits.

Maybe 2D6 + I, if it's greater than or equal to the vehicles movement then you avoid it maybe.

Aramoro
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-10-10, 10:17 AM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post
Getting hit by a Rhino doing 60 will squash you wheras a Monolith slowly bobbing up to you and gently nudging you wont make you explode in a shower of bits.

Maybe 2D6 + I, if it's greater than or equal to the vehicles movement then you avoid it maybe.
I agree; speed is the relevant factor.

Rather than an all or nothing splat the unit takes a number of wounds equal to the amount by which it failed the 2D6 + I roll.

As fluff Terminators can survive being trodden on by a titan, I suggest armour saves are permitted.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode