Eqipping Deathwing Standard Bearer - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-10, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

Kontempt's Flag is: Australia

Eqipping Deathwing Standard Bearer

Does anyone know if I can equip my Deathwing Standard Bearer with a heavy flamer? He is attached to LC equipped squad with an Interrogator for extra attacks. Was hoping to take advantage of flaming a target before I charge without having to give up a set of LC's. It doesn't say much about how a standard bearer can be equipped in the Codex.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-10, 05:30 PM

the cabbage's Flag is: Scotland

As I read it, you must take Belial to get the option for a standard in a Deathwing squad (C:DA page 79). Then you get to upgrade a single model with a company standard. That model can be armed with either LC's or a heavy flamer but not both, the entry for standard on page 25 gives no hint of it replacing a normal load out and neither do the Belial or Deathwing Squad entries in the army list part.

So the quick answer is yes the heavy flamer model can carry the Deathwing standard
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-10, 11:24 PM

HOBO's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontempt View Post
Does anyone know if I can equip my Deathwing Standard Bearer with a heavy flamer? He is attached to LC equipped squad with an Interrogator for extra attacks. Was hoping to take advantage of flaming a target before I charge without having to give up a set of LC's. It doesn't say much about how a standard bearer can be equipped in the Codex.
I sometimes field the exact Squad you have here, and yes the SB can take a HF..adds some nice punch to an assaulty unit. Of course I have them assaulting out the front of a LRC, because walking a c/c - oriented unit is asking for trouble.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-10, 06:53 PM

MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden

If you go for the Heavy Flamer path it might be useful to give the Standard Bearer a Chainfist too, helps a huge bunch against Walkers

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-10, 11:56 PM

I could be wrong, but it sounds like Kontempt was under the impression that standard bearers give up a "hand" to hold the standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
I'm probably going to follow my usual Eldar tactic of driving around the table "circling and screaming 'I don't give a fuck' with my windows down and system up" and avoiding anything that looks scary.
Her(?) name may be slightly inapropriate, but she just needs love! And I just need to eat your face!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-10, 10:13 AM

MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyklown View Post
I could be wrong, but it sounds like Kontempt was under the impression that standard bearers give up a "hand" to hold the standard.
I think you are, I played against both dual LC standardbearers and Heavy Flamer+Chainfist Apothecarys in my last big tournament. Got 2 DW opponents that both had a "all models are unique terminator command squad" with Belial. Totally the way to go!

The whole "hand" shit is extinct in 5th ed. There is no such stuff anymore.

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-10, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaidenManiac View Post
I think you are, I played against both dual LC standardbearers and Heavy Flamer+Chainfist Apothecarys in my last big tournament. Got 2 DW opponents that both had a "all models are unique terminator command squad" with Belial. Totally the way to go!

The whole "hand" shit is extinct in 5th ed. There is no such stuff anymore.
QFT..the most popular (in my area) fit-out for the Standard bearer is to give him TH/SS, and as far as modelling the actual banner people just mount it on top of the backpack.

That 'hand' shit is as you say...a shitty argument.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-10, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

Kontempt's Flag is: Australia

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Was going to model my termie with hand held banner just cos it looks rad. Will see if I can fit a chainfist to it though. Was going to drop them with Interrogator-Chap in termie armour around concentrations of infantry using Ravenwing to help place them. Then if I get in trouble drop a dread in drop pod there too.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-10, 07:30 AM

the cabbage's Flag is: Scotland

A model carrying a standard in a power fist/chain fist would be a cool conversion and not all that common.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-10, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cabbage View Post
A model carrying a standard in a power fist/chain fist would be a cool conversion and not all that common.
I have seen a few, and done very well..drill a hole through the PF/CF and thread the pole through.

You need the right piece (obviously)...a clenched fist, so it looks like the Termi is gripping it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode