Jaws of the World Wolf question - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-10, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Zerkersgalore's Flag is: USA

Default Jaws of the World Wolf question

Okay so the model has a power fist which puts his initiative to 1. This is the start of my question, when he gets hit with a jaws spell, does he roll against the I1? Or does he revert down to the normal base initiative or 4?

I'm sure that it goes back to their base initiative, but I just had like 5 people arguing this point at our game day. 2 agree with me, 3 disagree. So I'm up in arms here as my codex says that it targets the model not the unit. The unit gets the initiative of 4, however the specific model has an initiative of 1.

I could really use a good answer to this one. Because us players are losing this argument with much disruption on which one is right. The game was stopped for over an hour due to this argument. So if there is anyone here who can give me something definitive, then please do, for I am lost.

Ignorance is no excuse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-10, 09:17 PM

Maugoth's Flag is: England

The model with the power fist is I1 for combat only because he is swinging around a massive powerfist which takes time to get moving

for the jotww spell he would count his base I4 against it since he is not in combat with the spell

point your friends that say he counts as I1 for the spell to page 42 in the rulebook under powerfists where it says attacks are delivered at I1, it doesn't actually make the model I1

hope this helps you out

Last edited by Maugoth; 04-10-10 at 09:27 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-10, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Zerkersgalore's Flag is: USA

Thanks for the info. I did think he got the I4 not the I1. But I'm glad to have this answered. Thanks again!

Ignorance is no excuse.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-10, 09:30 PM

Models with power firsts strike at initiative 1. Their actual initiative is not modified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
I'm probably going to follow my usual Eldar tactic of driving around the table "circling and screaming 'I don't give a fuck' with my windows down and system up" and avoiding anything that looks scary.
Her(?) name may be slightly inapropriate, but she just needs love! And I just need to eat your face!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-10, 01:30 AM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

Yeah, show them in the BRB pg 42 where it says the attacks are dealt at I1. The characteristic itself isn't modified.

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-10, 04:47 AM

the cabbage's Flag is: Scotland

The BRB has a section on how to take tests against characteristics. I'm sure it says take them against the one in the profile. And unless your opponent can show you that his power modifies that then you should be OK.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode