Fast skimmers/flat out move/wrecked results - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-10, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Default Fast skimmers/flat out move/wrecked results

So after reading some rules and bouncing from page to page i came up with the result that if a skimmer flat out moves(18"-24") and it sufferrs a immobilized, wreck, or boom all passengers are out right killed and can't disembark because it flat out moved.

Is this true? And does it apply to open topped skimmers because its open top and they could just fall out rather then be trapped inside like in a falcon or wave serpant?

My Dark Eldar Tactica WIP https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=55046

Jon "Yukface" Regul is a tool.......See it almost rhymes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-10, 03:07 PM

BRB, p71 says that a skimmer suffering an immobilising hit after moving flat out suffers a 'wrecked' result. You'd disembark as normal and take your pinning test (BRB, p67).

But-

BRB, p70 says you can't get disembark from a vehicle that moved at Ludicrous Speed.

So, you all end up quadra-spazzed.

VVVVV
Just checked that, and yes, you all die. Good job spreading that over three sections of the rulebook, GW!

Last edited by forkbanger; 02-04-10 at 03:19 PM.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-10, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkbanger View Post
BRB, p71 says that a skimmer suffering an immobilising hit after moving flat out suffers a 'wrecked' result. You get out as normal and take your pinning test.

But per the rules of flat out move you can not disembark after a flat out move. So if u get wrecked during a flat out move you can not disembark.

My Dark Eldar Tactica WIP https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=55046

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-10, 03:41 PM

I would tend to say yes you get quadraspazzed but there is a case for saying you can emergency disembark. But I think you have to read the rules upside down on a Tuesday after the first full moon of the month.

Aramoro
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-10, 04:40 PM

I don't know what they do would do in a tournament scene but I would more than likely let the guy off, after all he just did lose his transport off an immobilized result, and if you called it an emergency disembark at least the unit couldn't do anything at all for the rest of the turn, but its better than getting vaped

Only thing is it defiantly says that you can only emergency disembark if enemies or impassible terrain is preventing you, not other rules that say you cant disembark

Poor eldar :D
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-10, 05:09 PM

this is especially a concern for DE players (moreso than eldar) since a bolter can bring down our transports... 6 to pen & a 5 or 6 on the VDC will cause an entire squad to disappear, whereas eldar with their AV12, closed top transports (who even have their silly shields that reduce the strength of attacks from the front...) are less scared.

I guess technically guard can be concerned as well with valkaries...
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-10, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Well after carefully reading the rules i came to this conclusion.

Heres the rules and how they play:

Destroyed - Wreck: The passengers must immediately disembark and then take a pinning test. Any models that cannot disembark are destroyed. After this, the becomes a werck

Destroyed - Exbplodes: The unit suffers a number of strength 4, AP - hits qual to the number of models embarked, treated just like hits from shooting. The surviving passengers are placed where the vehicle used to be and then take a pinning test.

Sooooooo Heres what i got:

If you flat out move and suffer a Immobilized or Wreck you are SOL and your dead as well as your troops in the transport. Because the key word in the rule is DISEMBARK and you can not disembark from a flat out moved vehicle....and per the rule if you can not disembark the models are destroyed.

However if you suffer a Explosion on the dmg result you take your saves to the wounds rolled....then place your surviving passengers where the vehicle used to be and take your pinning test. Since this rule DOES NOT SAY DISEMBARK you are playing rules as written.

Yea its cheap but our codex is 13 years old. We need to play anything we can imo

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-10, 05:50 PM

I would say that if you suffered an explosion after moving flat out your transported troops are destroyed aswell because you moved flat out and them disembarking at that speed be a wrecked result or an explosion everything trying to disembark would die

if you did not move your "18'-24'" then your troops can disembark and such if destroyed

so if you go flat out and have the skimmer go down everyone inside would die no emergency disembark because that refers to assaulting troops trapping your access points
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-10, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthwish09 View Post
I would say that if you suffered an explosion after moving flat out your transported troops are destroyed aswell because you moved flat out and them disembarking at that speed be a wrecked result or an explosion everything trying to disembark would die

if you did not move your "18'-24'" then your troops can disembark and such if destroyed

so if you go flat out and have the skimmer go down everyone inside would die no emergency disembark because that refers to assaulting troops trapping your access points

explosion result does not say i disembark ;)

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-10, 06:26 PM

Panzy's Flag is: Ireland

I think keelia is right....Its playing words, but you can not argue rules as written.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode