pinnning tests - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-10, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

pylco's Flag is: Grreece

pinnning tests

ok fellow heretics, i 've got a question for u... yesterday i was playing a game with a friend, my IG against his chaos scum. My snipers took a shot at one of his units, and i said to him take a pinning test, (sniper weapons are pinning and rending ) ,he said:" i don't have to take it, because all of my units are fearless".
My point is that you have to take it , fearless is for a morale test not a pinning test. Or else what's the point to have a leadership characteristic to a profile if you are fearless?
Also think about this situation: a chaos space marine is under fire by snipers. Snipers are generally very very accurate, one shot one kill. The logical thing to do for our chaos space marine is to get down or take cover ( unless he is a Khorne beserker! ) because probably he will lose his head!!! But no, the chaos scum is fearless, and in my opinion dumb, and he stays in the open..

no offense for chaos players...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-10, 10:18 PM

KingOfCheese's Flag is: Australia

Fearless units NEVER have to take morale or pinning tests.

Their leadership characteristic is still important though against rules that roll off for Ld+D6, and against things like the Doom of Malan'tai.

Think of it this way.... if you shoot at one with a sniper and take him down, the rest of the unit isnt going to thing "oh crap, someone is shooting at us, lay down".
They are FEARLESS. They FEAR NOTHING.

What would be the point of being fearless if they burst into tears, run for cover, and sit there crying because their mate died.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-10, 10:18 PM

Fearless troops automatically pass Pinning tests. It's in the text of the USR.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-10, 10:23 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Fearless units pass all normal pinning/moral tests, they can be made to actually roll for them but only if special rules of the 'fining' unit specifically says so (the necron Deciever is the only one that comes to mind, but there may be others).

Note that fearless doesnt mean you auto-pass all Ld tests- psychic tests and characteristic tests (like those caused by nid's doom of malan'tai/hive tyrant).

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-10, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

pylco's Flag is: Grreece

yep your right, just read my corerule again... dumm chaos marines. thanx
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-10, 01:12 AM

Blind's Flag is: USA

I think a better perspective to look at it is, yes in a "real life" situation the man would duck to save his head but he wouldnt be scared into a corner, he would duck and start moving to a better spot to fight back or just fight back lol. The fearless i guess just means , instead of peeing themselves in a corner, they run up and pee on the sniper with thier fearless aggression

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode