Ruling on Special and Normal Weapons Together - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-10, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

Zipding's Flag is: Canada

Default Ruling on Special and Normal Weapons Together

I have one question about the rules that was brought up a month or so ago about the combination of Special Weapons like PK and PF added with normal weapons and the outcome there.
I don't have the excact citing for this rule because I do not own the official rulebook, but according to one of the people I play with says that if you combine a Power Klaw and a slugga on a nob, the nob should have 8 strength allowing no armour saves on normal initiative. I personally think that anyone with power klaws or power fists should strike at initiative 1 to make it fair.

What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-10, 01:00 AM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

You are right on this one

Just to let you know, a Powerfist/Klaw or lightningclaw cannot be used with a second normal CCW anyway. You can only use the Klaw on it's own, which is I1. It's all explained in the "fighting with two CC weapons" section, on P42, when you get a look at the book. So a nob with Power Klaw gets just 3 attacks (4 when charging), at I1, St8.

If you were fighting with any other special weapons (like a power weapon, witchblade, whatever) and a pistol (or other CCW), they you could use both, but you use all the rules from the special weapon (benefits and drawbacks), and the extra CCW just grants you +1 attack, it doesn't allow you anything else.

Hope that helps clear it all up

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!

Last edited by maddermax; 01-25-10 at 01:06 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-10, 04:05 AM Thread Starter

Zipding's Flag is: Canada

Yes it does, I had an arguement over another person with it. That certainly does help out a lot, I'll have to explain it to him now.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-10, 05:47 PM

Yeah, this topic brings up a lot of issues, e.g. 'My SM commander has a power fist and lighting claw so he gets rerolls and S8 attacks at I4'

Simple rule: DO NOT ARM CHARACTERS WITH TWO SPECIAL WEAPONS.

It does NOT confer any cumulative bonus (you can only use one weapon or the other e.g. use EITHER the lightning claw or the power fist) and you don't even get +1 attack.

So don't try converting your units to be uber-2-special-weapon-people, because it doesn't help. The standard CCW/pistol thing is THERE FOR A REASON.

I can't stress it enough, just get one power weapon, and a pistol. It saves points you can use on other models, and you can use the spare power weapons to make other sergeants.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-10, 03:56 AM
Jeep's and Harley's

OIIIIIIO's Flag is: USA

You got had by Carney tricks ... it is a shame that people eithe know ther rules and are shamming you because they absolutely want to win or that they honestly do not know, which is forgivable in my eyes. Pay attention to the rules and you can call them on things like this as long as you don't blow up at them. If they say that they are correct ask them to show you where it is in the book. Where I play that is what we do. I hate to see those people that have to bend the rules or blatantly break them so that they can win. Just have fun with it ... it's not like its for real.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-10, 04:04 AM
SHarrington's Flag is: USA

I suppose if a person played bugs exclusively, it might be a confusing concept to swallow. (Since all their stuff stacks or at least did in the last codex).

I wouldn't be shocked if the OP was speaking to a nid player when he was told that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode