Librarian in a Rhino + Fury of the Ancients - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-08, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Culler's Flag is: USA

Default Librarian in a Rhino + Fury of the Ancients

I have a silly idea, but need some rules sorted out first. The question is this: Can I have a librarian use the fury of the ancients power from inside a rhino?

First rules dilemma: Can you use psychic powers from inside a transport?
My view: For powers that you do instead of shooting, I'd certainly say so. Dunno for others.

Second rules dilemma: The power says you draw a straight line from the librarian to any point on the map and all enemy units along that path take d3 str 5 hits. However, the line stops as soon as it hits a close combat or an allied unit and enemy units beyond that aren't affected. Where is the librarian? If he's inside the rhino, would it dissipate from going through the rhino or would the rhino count as the originating point?
My view: The fire point on the rhino is the top hatch, so that's what I'd call the originating point. The Librarian would take up one of the 2 fire point slots. Since units can normally fire from this point without the rhino blocking LoS, I'd say that the librarian can do so as well with this power not being blocked by the rhino.

It's not as if it breaks the game or anything, but it would give the librarian a little extra mobility. I just like the mental image of the librarian flinging out psychic constructs from the top hatch of a rhino.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-08, 03:15 AM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

I would say it'd be perfectly legal, yes. A Librarian may use any psychic power counting as a shooting attack from a fire point in a vehicle.

-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-08, 03:29 AM
Inquisitor

Bishop120's Flag is: USA

Perfectly legal to shoot it out of the top hatch.. you can even move 12" and still fire it.. I wouldnt say that it dissipates from touching the rhino as its also originating from it.

"The warrior who acts out of honor cannot fail. His honour is duty itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear."

- Roboute Guilliman
Primarch of the Ultramarines

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-08, 03:33 AM

sounds dodgey
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-08, 03:35 AM
Inquisitor

Bishop120's Flag is: USA

Read the rules for firepoints in the BGB.. its perfectly legal.

"The warrior who acts out of honor cannot fail. His honour is duty itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear."

- Roboute Guilliman
Primarch of the Ultramarines
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-08, 03:53 AM Thread Starter

That's awesome. Glad to hear that others echo my sentiments. I thought it a bit dodgy too but since it isn't unbalancing it falls in the 40k realm of 'a bit dodgy but makes the game more fun' which is always allowed unless your opponent is a d.b.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-08, 04:23 AM

hmmm i might make a force of bodyguards the non bikes .. readign rules yeah its ok :p
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-08, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop120 View Post
Perfectly legal to shoot it out of the top hatch.. you can even move 12" and still fire it.. I wouldnt say that it dissipates from touching the rhino as its also originating from it.
WRONG. Any tank moving over 6" may not fire, including rhinos.
~dan
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-08, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjbrierton View Post
WRONG. Any tank moving over 6" may not fire, including rhinos.
~dan
No but passengers may fire from transports if the transport moves up to 12". They count as moving so heavy weapons cannot be fired and rapid fire weapons are at a maximum range of 12".
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-08, 07:27 PM

Damned Fist's Flag is: Canada

Why a rhino? If you want mobility then put him on a bike(Increase toughness to 5 and uses twin-linked bolters) or equip him with a jump pack. Both offer the mobility that you want and then some as well as being cheaper point-wise.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode