Combat Squads - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-20-07, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

If both halves count as scoring units, it might not be such a bad thing...but it;s still going to fuck with a lot of lists

It'll also end up cutting into Blood Angels death companies since instead of, say, one unit of assault scouts and two small shooty tac squads, we'll have one unit of scouts and a 10 man tact squad. One less DC roll.

I suppose we'll have to make black rage rolls seperately for each half. That'll probably balance out either way.

From the sound of the DA rules, ICs won't be shackled to their retinues anymore...that might be a side-effect of the combat squad rule. I wonder how that'll impact tactics?

Won't do much for BA since our retinues are overpriced and almost never used, and takign the chaplain out of the DC is silly, but I could see, say giving a librarian an infiltrating retinue and then infiltrate them into different positions sot he heavy weapons in the command squad can line up on the tank and the librarian can get in on that pesky daemon prince with his jump pack...

<sniffles> BA don;t get special skills

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-20-07, 08:55 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

I love this rule, its realistic to real military tactics, splitting the squad in half and leapfrogging to advance, one moves one covers etc.

Personally the 6man lascannon+Plasma gun thing sucks, I like 10 man squads with 1 or 2 Plasma guns or Meltaguns, heavy weapons be damned, you have enough on Dreads and Tanks and Devvie squads, especially now I can finally use the Mortis class dreadnoughts yay.

all in all rule sounds great to me.

and BA don't get special rules because they suck ok LOL

post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-21-07, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

We don;t get special skills because every model gets Furious charge for free. I;ve had enemies shit their pants at the sight of eight charging scouts ripping tanks apart with bare hands and a powerist ;-)

I;d rather have tw special weapons in a squad sometimes too, but you can only ever do that if you take the right traits. So I go wiht one heavy and one special because I don;t like wasting slots.

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-27-07, 05:09 PM

Well i heard from my regional manager of games workshop that space marines might be getting a new rule book and i heard also that assault cannons are going to get 1 less shot and maybe strength 5 instead of 4 strength 6 shots but enough of that i also heard that in the new book you will be able to choose with 2 heavy or 2 special weapons in the combat squads but thats what my gw regional manager told me so you never know he may just be trying to lead us off

Death is not an inevitability its a choice you make
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-27-07, 11:08 PM

Anphicar's Flag is: USA

Don't trust Redshirts.

The Space Marine Codex just recently got revamped.

post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-28-07, 04:28 PM

the cabbage's Flag is: Scotland

This rule is only for the Dark Angels as far as we know.

There have been no creditable rumours about the marine re-vamp and I dont think there is any real ground swell of opinion wanting one.

IMO the marine codex is fine as it is, the AC may be slightly over powered but if you think that will make GW roll over and re-write a two year old book to please power gamers who are being out powergamed I believe you are mistaken.

The rule in the Dark Angel codex will just make the chapter nice and charachterfull not nerf all the other chapters not mentioned.
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-28-07, 09:32 PM

don_mondo's Flag is: USA

Why shouldn't we think they'll roll over? They rolled over and changed an FAQ to please the Tyranid players, directly contrdicting the Tyranid codex. All it would take is an FAQ statement saying that the Combat squad rules in the DA codex now apply to all Marine armies across the board.

Don "MONDO"
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-28-07, 11:12 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

There are enough jackasses out there who rely on the five-strong squad with a plasma rifle and a heavy weapon in their Space Marine army to outwhine the whining about combat squads, since Combat Squads can't have both things in them.

On a more practical note though... the Combat Squads aren't as tactically flexible as the standard Space Marine Tactical Squad, since you have either five or ten models, and can't really make good use of a more middle-ground squad with six or eight like some Space Marine armies do.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-30-07, 11:34 AM

the cabbage's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_mondo
Why shouldn't we think they'll roll over? They rolled over and changed an FAQ to please the Tyranid players, directly contrdicting the Tyranid codex. All it would take is an FAQ statement saying that the Combat squad rules in the DA codex now apply to all Marine armies across the board.
In my opinion, it will happen when my arse heals. :lol:
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-01-07, 07:46 PM

don_mondo's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cabbage
Quote:
Originally Posted by don_mondo
In my opinion, it will happen when my arse heals. :lol:
Where should we send the band-aids?? And what size should we send??

Don "MONDO"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode