inquistor lord - help - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-09, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Default inquistor lord - help

At my club i go to we are holding a small 600pt tournament.I am playing guard but think an inquisitor lord would be a good choice as well. But as a guard player i dont really know what i hould use this character for apart from powers and cc.So could you guys give me a inquisitor lord guideline like what pyhsic powers should i take and how many points are they.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-09, 10:59 PM

Hmm.. well, If you're playing IG, then adding an Inquisitor lord at only 600 points might not be the best of ideas. Since you need an HQ and 2 troops, filling up a lot of your points already. And an inquisitor lord, either WH or DH, will be an expensive addition. Which you probably can spend better on some heavy firepower, like say a leman russ.

If you MUST field an Inquisitor lord, forget about psychic powers, they're pretty much all useless. Or too expensive.

Here are a few setups which you might like:
The Character hunter:
WH Inquisitor Lord, Psychic Hood, bolt pistol, Force Weapon, Rosarius.
(Acolyte with carapace + mancatcher) X 3
Crusader x 3
Familiar
Surgeon x 2

This setup is meant to take down single characters. the mancatchers will reduce the enemy's attacks, while your force weapon can instagib them. Meanwhile, the psychic hood will help you shut down psychic powers used on your army, since it has unlimited range.
The Surgeon will also reduce wounds on your inquisitor by 1, and the rosarius should reduce them a little more.
Meanwhile, the crusaders all have a 4+ invulnerable save and a powerweapon themselves so can add to the pain.
If the possibility of going up against high toughness things comes up, switch the force weapon for an eviscerator and ditch the bolt pistol
Alternatively, if you want, you can give him a plasma pistol too. The pistol is there to provide an extra attack witht he force weapon.

Fire Support:
DH Inquisitor Lord, Psychic hood, artificer armour, Psycannon
Combat servitor with HB x 2
Combat servitor with Plasma Cannon
Sage x 2
Acolyte with bolter x 3

Well, pretty obvious what this guy is for, stuff him in one of your spare chimera's from your IG, and watch the enemy die, for a slightly cheaper setup, replace the plasmacannon guy with another HB guy.

TKE's NTGU Brigade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterous View Post
Einar is right.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-09-09, 09:36 AM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

or a cheaper version of Einar's heavy support unit:

DH Inq Lord- psysannon
2 Gun Servitors- heavy bolters
1 Gun Servitor- multimelta
2 mystics

its about 172pts, wont draw much fire and can anchor your line, the mystics also give you free shots if anyone DSs near you- personally I use mine to stop dreads DSing on 1 side of the board- they really dont like the idea of a multimelta getting a free shot at them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode