The cost of using Snikrot - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-09, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Culler's Flag is: USA

Default The cost of using Snikrot

How much does Snikrot cost to field in a unit of Kommandos? Is he an upgrade character like a Nob (who costs what a kommando costs +10 and so Snikrot would cost 95 points) or is he added to the squad (so he only costs 85 points.) Either way I assume the squad size is capped at 15 (so you wouldn't have 15 kommandos + Snikrot, it would be 14 kommandos + Snikrot instead).

My gut tells me he only costs 85 points since it doesn't say +85 points like it says +10 points for the Nob, but I'd like to hear some other opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-09, 11:08 PM

Lord_Murdock's Flag is: Canada

Snikrot is used instead of taking a nob, so he'd be worth 85 points. No model is upgraded to a nob, so you don't need to spend the extra 10 points.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-09, 11:42 PM

duckfromhelll's Flag is: USA

And he is WELL worth it. Just make sure to take 2 burnas with the squad so you have some power weapons when you need em

POWER AT ALL COST

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 09:15 AM

Sebi's Flag is: Germany

you pay the price for a Kommando and upgrade him to Snikrot... that is how I read it
so you pay 10+his costs...... or am I wrong
by the way the same question for Zaggstruk and Badrukk....

edit:
Well I am sure... cause it say 10 points per model and you pay additionall 85 for snikki

Last edited by Sebi; 04-21-09 at 09:21 AM.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 09:24 AM

Where are you reading this stuff? Certainly not the same codex I'm reading. Mine says:

"Instead of a nob, one mob may be led by:
-Boss Snikrot................ XXpts"

Meaning you can take your kommando squad and have them led by Snikrot instead of upgrading a kommando to a nob, you pay XX points to take Snikrot. I presume that means you can take 14 kommandos + Snikrot to make the max squad size, although it could be argued you could take 15 + Snikrot since he isn't a "kommando" per se. However he is still and upgrade character so I would think the squad size would still apply.

*edit* Not that army builder is scripture, but army builder lets you take 15 kommandos AND Snikrot.

Last edited by englanda; 04-21-09 at 09:26 AM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 11:29 AM

ok... I am reading in my Kodex (German and English one) that the max mob size ist 15 models...
and each model costs basic costs 10pts but you can have the mob lead by Snikrot instead of a Nob (meaning you cannot have both) für 85pts (additionally costs as you still will have to pay the basic costs of 10 points)

so snikrot is an upgrade! not a single model imho...same for Badrukk and Zaggstruk
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 01:58 PM

Son of mortarion's Flag is: USA

Location: Running a dark mechanicus forgeworld somewhere in the warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by englanda View Post
Where are you reading this stuff? Certainly not the same codex I'm reading. Mine says:

"Instead of a nob, one mob may be led by:
-Boss Snikrot................ XXpts"

Meaning you can take your kommando squad and have them led by Snikrot instead of upgrading a kommando to a nob, you pay XX points to take Snikrot. I presume that means you can take 14 kommandos + Snikrot to make the max squad size, although it could be argued you could take 15 + Snikrot since he isn't a "kommando" per se. However he is still and upgrade character so I would think the squad size would still apply.

*edit* Not that army builder is scripture, but army builder lets you take 15 kommandos AND Snikrot.
The reason I don't use army builder is that it has ignored codices in the past, and has allowed some insane builds while not allowing normal builds straight out of the codex. It is more of a guide than a reliable tool.

check out the entropic reaper or remain a vagrant on the sidewalk of life.
[http://entropomancer.blogspot.com/
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 03:33 PM

never trust anything except your own brains..... ;)
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 05:46 PM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

OK I have not looked at this one for a bit and now have read the Ork book...here's what I see.

All the units that pay the points for the basic troop to be upgraded to a Nob or something say "one Boy may be upgraded to a Nob" whereas all of the unique characters say "instead of a Nob the mob may be led by". This tells me that you do not pay for a regular Kommado/Flash Git/Storm Boy and "upgrade them" you meerly have a squad "led by" these individuals at the additional cost specified.

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 08:30 PM

Like I said, army builder aint scripture.

Deathklokk got it. Still, the question remains, 15 and Snikrot? Or 14 and Snikrot?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode