Necron Monolith fireing - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-15-08, 08:35 AM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

Funnily enough the reason that I was given about the glancing hits not killing was to do with the Flux Arc rather than the P-Whip. Weapon Destroyed results only do -1 to the shots the Flux Arc fires, but even at -6 it is not destroyed - it just can't shoot at anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-15-08, 05:13 PM

Darklove is correct in saying that there is no limit to the negatives the flux arc can have.. at this time. I imagine the FAQ will put a limit. However, most casual players do say 6 is the max and go from there. But if you are at a tournament you might not be so nice.
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-17-08, 05:34 PM

don_mondo's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkadin View Post
Darklove is correct in saying that there is no limit to the negatives the flux arc can have.. at this time. I imagine the FAQ will put a limit. However, most casual players do say 6 is the max and go from there. But if you are at a tournament you might not be so nice.
They've had how many years to FAQ that and it still hasn't occurred? Yet, hope springs eternal!!

And the Monolith can currently be destroyed by a glancing hit. It just needs to be an AP 1 glancing 6, -2 for glance, +1 for AP 1, dead Monolith. Been there, done that!

Don "MONDO"

Last edited by don_mondo; 11-17-08 at 05:37 PM.

post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-17-08, 08:33 PM

Daneel2.0's Flag is: USA

They were specifically talking about non-AP 1 hits, but yes you are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse View Post
[Necrons]shoot, shoot, teleport, shoot. win
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-26-08, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Okay new question. I have learned of the marvels of deepstrike. In regards to the PW and the Matrix though in the codex it states that it can fire the PW while moving. But someone has now told me that you can't fire it when you deepstrike because moving at cruising speed isn't mentioned. So unless moving at crusing speed is now some form of teleportation how is moving at cruising speed not moving?

So what's the deal can this work or not?

Z
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-26-08, 10:42 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

If it's never able to be destroyed, does that mean Immobilising it, and removing the 4 Flux Arcs won't destroy the Monolith on another Weapon Destroyed/Immobilised result?

If that's not clear, (it's not making sense to me) basically, I mean if it no longer has the Arcs, and is immobilised, is it destroyed on an Weapon Destroyed/Immobilised roll, or because the Particle Whip (being incapable of being destroyed) is still there, does it require a 'Destroyed' roll on the Penetration table?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-26-08, 10:54 PM

Daneel2.0's Flag is: USA

Ztrain Unfortunately (for necron players anyway ) you can't deepstrike and fire the particle whip. This is because deepstriking vehicles are considered moving at cruising speed which prevents the firing of any weapon. Used to be (back in 4th) that you could fire the flux arc off the deepstrike, but that is no longer the case either, and for the same reason.

Vaz Basically, there is on limit to the number of "-1 shots" that a flux arc can be subjected to even though the max shots they can take at a unit is 6. For example, if you have a situation where you have suffered 2 weapon destroyed results, then a roll of 1 on the D6 results in -1 shots fired which just goes to 0. Same situation exists if you have taken 7 (or 8 or 9 or 10.....) weapon destroyed results and roll a 6 on the D6, 0 shots fired.

This situation could be corrected in about 10 seconds by adding the line "Once a -6 reduction is reached, the Flux Arc is completely destroyed" to the Gauss Flux Arc Projectors: heading in the FAQ.

It is truly disappointing to me that GW hasn't done this already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse View Post
[Necrons]shoot, shoot, teleport, shoot. win

Last edited by Daneel2.0; 11-26-08 at 11:05 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode