40 daemons in a Stormlord - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-16, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Default 40 daemons in a Stormlord

Hi All,

I have had a silly idea to get my Bloodletters close enough into combat with being shot to bits.

If I put 40 bloodletters in a Stormlord I can thunderblitz some big stuff hoping it dies, then 40 bloodletters jump out and murder everything with AP3 swords.

Am I missing something that stops me doing this?

If not then can I put in flesh hounds, blood crushers or heralds on juggernaughts in a Stormlord?

Many Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-16, 08:05 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

I'm pretty sure the Allies matrix doesn't count Daemons and Astra Militarum as Battle Brothers, so they can't get in each others' vehicles. I suppose you could put 20 bloodletters in a CSM Spartan from Forge World, but... that's about the closest you can get, I think.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-16, 08:25 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

^ they are not allies that allow that. Maybe the traitor guard stuff from whatever IA book it is?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-16, 06:32 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

It may be that Stormlords are CSM legal buys. I don't remember off the top of my head. Doesn't the Tower of Skulls have troop transport?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-16, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creon View Post
It may be that Stormlords are CSM legal buys.
The Stormlord is only listed under Imperial Guard in IA2 with no 'may be taken in a Chaos army' caveat that I can find.

Aside, I never realized these tanks had a transport capacity. Might'n have to get one for my Guard one day and load it with Death Company

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-16, 02:22 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
The Stormlord is only listed under Imperial Guard in IA2 with no 'may be taken in a Chaos army' caveat that I can find.

Aside, I never realized these tanks had a transport capacity. Might'n have to get one for my Guard one day and load it with Death Company
Oh yeah, Stormlords can carry up to 40 minis of as many squads as you want. Of course, you also don't want to move the Stormlord so that you can fire the Vulcan Mega-Bolter twice, so it works best as a firebase rather than an assault platform, I figure ...the same holding true of daemons, really.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-16, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Of course, you also don't want to move the Stormlord so that you can fire the Vulcan Mega-Bolter twice
15 Death Company with Astorath charging out of the back would more than make up for not shooting a second time

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode