Aegis Defence Line - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-15, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

KnockOut51's Flag is: Canada

Default Aegis Defence Line

To counter my friend and his 3 Flying tyrants I have picked up the Aegis Defence Line along side my heldrake. I plan to make the Defence into a square and placing the Quad gun right in the Center. so my question is this, can a Mawloc be used to pop up under the ground and kill the how squad that I have at the gun? Im thinking if i make it tight enough that his base can't fit that he can't try and pop up there. Is this trail of thinking correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-15, 04:28 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Unless the emerging mawlock can displace/kill the infantry on the spot it emerges, its all a matter of spacing the squad troughout the square.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-15, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

I was thinking that if is it even possible to pop up under defenses?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-15, 08:28 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

From the Mawlock rule:

Quote:
If, after removing casualties, it is now possible to place the Mawloc on the table on the
spot where the blast marker landed, then do so, even if this is within 1" of another model
(but not if it would be in base contact with, or occupying the same space as, another
model). If it is not possible to place the Mawloc, replace the large blast marker on the spot
and resolve another round of damage as detailed above. If, after removing casualties for a
second time, it is still not possible to place the Mawloc, roll on the Deep Strike Mishap
table.
Looks like to me that he very well has the potential to murderate everything behind your ADL. If he does indeed Deep Strike on top of the unit behind the ADL and the gun emplacement he could, given two rounds with that S6 AP2 blast that ignores cover, destroy not only the unit but also the gun itself (being T7 W2 3+ save IIRC). So long as there's any space left for this guy's base to fit you're boned.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-15, 12:03 PM

I believe that the Mawloc wold just take a dangerous terrain check for deep striking onto terrain though there is the natural issue of if he can be placed there if its base can't fit inside the ADL.

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-15, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Lol crap, I hate playing me friend for this reason, never makes just a fun list it's always about hi, trying to win. 3 flyrants, 1 harpy 1 crone then what ever else he can bring
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-15, 03:00 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcoso View Post
I believe that the Mawloc wold just take a dangerous terrain check for deep striking onto terrain though there is the natural issue of if he can be placed there if its base can't fit inside the ADL.
This, except without the terrain check (MCs have Move Through Cover).

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-15, 03:00 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
I believe that the Mawloc wold just take a dangerous terrain check for deep striking onto terrain
Yup, if he has to be on top of it.

Quote:
there is the natural issue of if he can be placed there if its base can't fit inside the ADL
After two S6 AP2 Ignores Cover Large Blasts hit the squad where it's Deep Striking if he still can't be placed he Mishaps. If he lands on top of the ADL he would, like you said, take a Dangerous Terrain test and consequently suffer from wobbly model syndrome. It's easy enough to remove the section of ADL for the time being, consider it destroyed, move the model a bit forward or back depending on how the base landed...there's options here. We are talking about a roughly 9" square here though, which provides a lot of space for one dreadnought sized base that just had its path cleared by a (potentially two) pie plate of doom to pretty much any infantry that's gunna be in there.

EDIT: ninja'd by Midnight. MTC definitely solves the issue of any dice rolls and his rule handles how to place him very specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnockOut51 View Post
I hate playing me friend for this reason
That's a shitty buzz man. I had a friend like that so I started tailoring lists specifically to beat the shit outta what he brought. After a few rounds the idea that we're -both- here to have a good time came back into place. Maybe if you post up his list and what you have to play Heresy could help out in that fashion?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-15, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Ill post a list he usually plays and Ill seek Guidance in how to beat it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode