Necron Questions - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-08, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

SPYDeR13's Flag is: USA

Default Necron Questions

Ok a friend of mine needs some help with the Necron and there teleportaion. Let me first say that I told him he could only teleport one unit a turn as it says in the codex but he is still trying to find a way to do it. So for the sake of asking let me pose a few of his questions.

-Can a Monolith deep strike then pull a unit to it in the same turn?

-Can 2 Monoliths pull 2 different units to them on the same turn?

-How many units can you deep strike in one turn?

-If you can only use one teleportation move a turn what is the advantage of multiple Monoliths?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-08, 11:21 PM

onlainari's Flag is: Australia

Well reading the necron codex, it appears you can indeed use the power matrix to teleport a unit within 18" in the turn it deep strikes.

However I don't believe a unit of warriors in reserve can teleport through a deep striking monolith because neither of them are on the board when rolling for reserves.

Of course two monoliths can teleport two units in the same turn. And there's no limit to the number of units any army can deep strike, necrons however are limited to one teleport per monolith per turn.

Jugger
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-08, 01:31 AM

"However I don't believe a unit of warriors in reserve can teleport through a deep striking monolith because neither of them are on the board when rolling for reserves."

There might be a slight loophole to this one wherein the situation occurs where the Necron player has decided to keep surplus troops in reserve as per the reserves special rule under necron warriors and rolled to have both come in on the same turn. When they arrive Warriors from reserve must emerge from a monolith portal, if no monolith when the units become available, they must wait until one is available."

It doesn't actually say that they can't both come in on the same turn. I guess a situation could exist where the player could roll for the Lith, deepstrike it, then roll for the warriors to become eligible from reserve and port them in during the movement phase as per the Lith rules in the codex. I could be totatlly wrong of course.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-08, 04:09 AM

I just checked the Necron 5th edition FAQ on the Gamesworkshop site and I was right and wrong at the same time. If both a Monolith and Warrior squad become available on the same time, the Lith is deepstruck onto the board and the Warrior squad MUST be deployed via its portal, but only 1 per Lith.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-08, 10:29 AM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

5th ed. has also changed the requirement for Necron Warriors to enter from reserve via the Monolith. You now have to declare during set up if the Warriors will enter via the Monolith or walk on from the table edge - so you have an extra option.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-08, 11:23 AM

Neccies rule's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklove View Post
5th ed. has also changed the requirement for Necron Warriors to enter from reserve via the Monolith. You now have to declare during set up if the Warriors will enter via the Monolith or walk on from the table edge - so you have an extra option.
you've always had to choose beforehand if they are coming from the lith or the board edge because if the lith is destoryed before they arrive they cannot come on.

my rule of thumb is ALWAYS roll for the warriors before the lith then you mostly get it to work in your favour. (also the warriors count as disembarking from a stationary veichle so can act normally when they arrive)
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-08, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neccies rule View Post
you've always had to choose beforehand if they are coming from the lith or the board edge because if the lith is destoryed before they arrive they cannot come on.

my rule of thumb is ALWAYS roll for the warriors before the lith then you mostly get it to work in your favour. (also the warriors count as disembarking from a stationary veichle so can act normally when they arrive)
Necron Codex says that if you have Necron Warriors in reserve then they MUST enter play through the Monolith if there is one. The 5th ed. FAQ has updated this and it now means you don't have to.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-08, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

SPYDeR13's Flag is: USA

I understand about Warriors coming out of the Monolith......but in the codex under the Necron special rules it talks about chain teleportation and it says that you can only use one form of teleportation a turn.

This why I play Chaos and Eldar.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-08, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPYDeR13 View Post
I understand about Warriors coming out of the Monolith......but in the codex under the Necron special rules it talks about chain teleportation and it says that you can only use one form of teleportation a turn.

This why I play Chaos and Eldar.
I don't see what the confusion is. What troubles you?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-08, 02:32 PM

Deceiver's Flag is: USA

you can use more than 1 form as in teleporting out of multiple monoliths and using VoD.
chain teleportation means that the same unit cannot teleport more than once a turn.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode