the new KFF rules - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-14, 03:37 AM Thread Starter

Woodzee316's Flag is: Australia

Default the new KFF rules

hey guys,

just wondering what your take is on of the wording as this came up in a game. the rules say models within 6" get a 5+ cover save. so this means that the unit no longer gets the benefit from it as you can't physically put 30 models under the 6" bubble with out making them pie plate bait.

are we reading this correct?

because if so then the KFF is not worth the 50 points as it is already nerfed when inside a vehicle as it only gives the vehicle the 5+ cover save nothing around it.

i can't find an FAQ or errata for the new ork codex yet to see if the wording has been changed.

cheers
Woodzee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-14, 04:28 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Sounds right, but i don't have the codex to read for myself. mind you, that is a bubble, so the mek attached to a squad and put in the middle should be fine.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-14, 12:49 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodzee316 View Post
hey guys,

just wondering what your take is on of the wording as this came up in a game. the rules say models within 6" get a 5+ cover save. so this means that the unit no longer gets the benefit from it as you can't physically put 30 models under the 6" bubble with out making them pie plate bait.

are we reading this correct?

because if so then the KFF is not worth the 50 points as it is already nerfed when inside a vehicle as it only gives the vehicle the 5+ cover save nothing around it.

i can't find an FAQ or errata for the new ork codex yet to see if the wording has been changed.

cheers
Woodzee
You are correct in the rules interpretation.

I think it's still hugely valuable for standing behind Battlewagons, and you can still get the front half of your mob within the bubble with ease (and if your opponent is killing off more than 15 Boyz with a 5++ per turn, chances are he won't have a problem killing 30). Given that my list is nearly-complete as the Blitz Brigade from Ghazghkull supplement, I find it immensely useful.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-14, 02:51 PM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

I typically take the Mega Kustom Forcefield for the 4++. I hid him behind a wall of 5 battlewagons from the Blitz Brigade formation. My opponent wasn't able to destroy a single wagon until about turn 4 :D
In Apocalypse, it's also fun to put him in a Gargantuan Squiggoth to give it the 4++, though I imagine putting him in a Stompa would be just as good.

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-14, 04:29 PM
Rattlehead

The Kustom Mega-Force Field is good, but personally I don't like the way Ghazghkull changes Mob Rule or forces you to challenge, so I tend to stick to the main book The funny thing about Blitz Brigade is that it would still be really strong if it didn't confer Scout.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-14, 08:14 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Sounds like unlike the Shrouding power (which gives Shrouded to any model within 6", and any unit with one or more models with Shrouded get the save...), it's merely for models getting the flat save if they're within the bubble. Shame.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-14, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

oh well i supose i'll now be feilding 2 KFF meks to cover the kanz and morkanaut and if some o0f the boyz get lucky enough to get the cover save as well then so be it for them. but then again the boyz are expendable.

I'm not sure how having a big mek run behind vehicles would work, when i use my vehicle mobs they move the 12 each turn. I suppose you just slow the advance down then??

I don't have the Gaz book (couldn't justify spending another $84 just to get more formations and a few other goodies) so not sure how that formation works.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-14, 03:12 AM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
The funny thing about Blitz Brigade is that it would still be really strong if it didn't confer Scout.
The Scout rule give you the option of making a Scout redeploy - you don't have to.

Quote:
I'm not sure how having a big mek run behind vehicles would work, when i use my vehicle mobs they move the 12 each turn. I suppose you just slow the advance down then??
In that case, you can mount the Big Mek on a warbike. However, I like to load up the wagons with Killkannons, so I give the Big Mek mega armour and put him in a unit of mek gun lobbas, so that they get Slow and Purposeful, while the wagons move only 6" a turn.

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-14, 04:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerHive View Post
However, I like to load up the wagons with Killkannons, so I give the Big Mek mega armour and put him in a unit of mek gun lobbas, so that they get Slow and Purposeful, while the wagons move only 6" a turn.

Now this.... i like, never thought to do that. I'm guessing that way it let's your guns move and fire. repositioning each turn. Thanks for the idea i'm gonna use that.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-14, 11:25 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodzee316 View Post
He runs. You only need one or two turns of KFF coverage, one at most if you're using the Blitz Brigade, so using Run to cover them after their first 12" move keeps you protected from the enemy guns for just long enough to apply Orks to face.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode