Meltabombs - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-07, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

Cadian81st's Flag is: USA

Default Meltabombs

What are they and how do they work? They're mentioned in the IG stormtrooper entry, but no explanation is given. Same for the armory, they are mentioned, but no explanation is given.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-07, 02:21 AM

well in a SM army they hit on a 6 and do great penitration I don't have my rule book with me but it is something like 4+2d6 but I am not sure??
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-07, 04:15 AM
Banned

BBB.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-07, 04:57 AM

They work the same way to hit veicles as a crap grenade, but with the strength and penetration as a short range meltagun shot.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-07, 10:06 AM
Ex Mod.

cccp's Flag is: Great Britain

if you have the rulebook then they will be in the index, and you can flick to the right page from there. otherwise, you roll to hit as if you would be hitting a tank in CC normally, but only get one attack. If it hits, it works just as a meltagun shot at 6 inch range.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-07, 10:49 AM

Check your BGB - in short you hit vehicles in assault as normal eg. you only get one attack, if it is stationary you hit automatically, moved 6 hit on 4+, moved more than 6 hit on 6+. The meltabombs are strength 8 and you add 2 dice 6 for armor penetration. They work a charm always give them to my assault squad. 8)

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-07, 11:12 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Quite expensive though, if your looking to cut costs - I'd recommend taking them on a Sergent/Vet Ser and giving the rest of the squad normal Kraks.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-07, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Cadian81st's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Check your BGB - in short you hit vehicles in assault as normal eg. you only get one attack, if it is stationary you hit automatically, moved 6 hit on 4+, moved more than 6 hit on 6+. The meltabombs are strength 8 and you add 2 dice 6 for armor penetration. They work a charm always give them to my assault squad. 8)
Thanks a lot. I had looked in the index, but all I could find was the entry for meltaguns. It's all so clear now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite
Quite expensive though, if your looking to cut costs - I'd recommend taking them on a Sergent/Vet Ser and giving the rest of the squad normal Kraks.
Yeah, but it's not a full squad. I designed them around tank hunting, giving one guy a plasmagun and one guy a meltagun. The sarge has a plasmapistol and powersword, and then I have just four hellgun troopers. So I was thinking, since I didn't take ten, I could use the extra points I saved (from not buying extra troopers) to buy them all meltabombs. I like the 8+2D6 AP, is very nice.

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-07, 11:55 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

True - I suppose thats fair enough, although I always tend to go with more bodies rather than better equipment especially when we are talking about Imperial Gaurd.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-07, 12:08 PM

I'd generally stay away from Melta bombs, especially on expensive assault squad. Generally you want them tied up In combat where they can't be shot, If you take the risk and go for the MB charge kill It or not your going to be sat In the open with you 200pts+ unit waiting to be shot.
If your playing guard I'd go for deep striking vets with melta guns ftw, whatever deep strikes won't/shouldn't survive so max out on the three specials and add the PP If the points are available.

''I Beard therefore I am!''

LongBeard (AKA Bennetio!)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode