Meltabombs - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-07, 09:52 PM
Ex Mod.

cccp's Flag is: Great Britain

you can buy stormtroopers with assualt weapons in a blister so you dont have to convert up your own
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-07, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Cadian81st's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_mondo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadian81st
Yeah, but vets can't deepstrike, nor do frags and kraks come standard. Stormies also get a better save than vets. I understand the point though about deepstriking and being trapped for a turn, so I think I might infiltrate instead. You have to be 12" away from an enemy model, but I cans still move, shoot, and assault. So that way, I can move up six, shoot at some of them w/ my plasma gun and pistol, and my melta, and then assault the next vehicle that's there.

Oh and LongBeard, that's how much my seven man squad w/ infiltrate, MB, meltagun, plasmagun and pistol, and powersword. I took the plasmagun because I figure their BS is slightly better, and their armor is better too, so I can risk it. Plus, it's got more range.
Two words. Drop Troops. Yes, Vets can Deep Strike. And they already have Infiltrate thrown in for free. And since I expect them to die anyways, I don't really worry about whether their save is 4+ or 5+.
*smacks head* I'm a $#%# idiot. Drop troops is one of my doctrines, and I forgot all about the deepstriking. Shows you how often I play, right? Meh well, I'm still taking them as stormies because at least they'd last longer (they are a suicide death squad) and thus be more likely to accomplish their mission.

cccp, I know they make packs of stormies with assault weapons, but I'm a conversion nut, so I took recycled some figures I don't use anymore (extra assault weapons, tank crew, heavy weapons teams etc.) and turned them into a stormtrooper squad. GS'd some arm and leg pads too. Anyway, I only had one melta and one plasma in my bitz box, so I decided to arm them with one of each. The plasma guy doesn't look that great anyway, so once I get another meltagun, he's probably gonna be shelved.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode