A question about Sanctuary(Santic Power) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-14, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Nipolian's Flag is: USA

Default A question about Sanctuary(Santic Power)

So Sanctuary is a blessing that targets the psyker. In addition to giving him +1 to his invulnerable save it makes daemons treat open ground as dangerous terrain. This is the part I have a question about.

So here's whats in the rules (that i found):
-A blessing is cast in the psychic phase (duh) and last until the next friendly psychic phase. (pg 26)
-Models that enter, leave, or move through dangerous terrain must take a dangerous terrain test. (pg108)
-However "Once a model has taken a dangerous terrain test for a particular scenery model it does not test for that terrain again. (pg 108)

So here's the question/ scenario: (please tell me you cant do this)
1) A GK stormraven casts Sanctuary and moves across the table forcing every daemon with in a 12" radius to take 1 dangerous terrain test for entering and 1 for leaving the bubble.
2) A GK Vehicle or any psyker moves up to a daemon model and repeatedly moves its self in and out of range forcing repeated dangerous terrain checks. If this is a single model and not a unit these movement could be infinitesimally small forcing a lot of checks. The worst part is that this can be done in both the movement phase and the shooting phase.

So I am really hoping I missed something here. I play GK's and i cringe at the thought of this (although it would be funny to see the look on the guys face when he brings a heavy daemon summoning list).

-Nipolian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-14, 08:52 PM
Rattlehead

You only take a Dangerous Terrain test while moving through it - therefore, I would argue that Daemons take a Dangerous Terrain test for every bubble of Sanctuary they move through, but simply being within Sanctuary does not cause a Dangerous Terrain test.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-14, 08:57 PM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

Yeah, moving through terrain requires the model to actually move.

Strange, but not a Stranger.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-14, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Nipolian's Flag is: USA

I'm not so sure. The rules say "each model must take a Dangerous Terrain test as soon as it enters, leaves or moves within dangerous terrain." (pg 108)

This makes it seem to me like regardless of whether the model "actually moves" it takes the test as soon as it enters or leaves the bubble.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-14, 01:02 PM

You only make Terrain tests in your own turn, otherwise you could literally make them do near unlimited tests by saying you are moving 100000000000000000000000000 of a inch to make them in then out of the DT test range as part of your movement.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Tags
sanctuary

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode