Daemonology (new spells!) - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-14, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcoso View Post
My mistake it is 3. But still the deamons most likely to survive a turn are bloodcrushers as they are T4 which is harder to kill or plaguebearers, for the same reason but the also have shrouded (though less offensive capability than bloodcrushers).

It also didn't help you had some uncanny rolling of 6s....
Edited to remove stupidity

Last edited by mayegelt; 05-27-14 at 06:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-14, 06:00 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayegelt View Post
Though as I keep saying you CANT SUMMON BLOODCRUSHERS!!!

10 Letters OR Bearers OR Horrors OR Daemonettes
OR
5 Hounds OR Seekers.
3 Nurglings OR Flamers,
Maybe if you read the other power, not the primaris, that lets you summon 3 Bloodcrushers OR Plague Drones OR Fiends OR Screamers, you wouldn't be making that mistake.

And I can't help but feel that Plague Drones are the way to go, there, rather than Bloodcrushers, in terms of suvivability. They don't have power swords, true, but they are one of the fastest Nurgle (Daemons) units out there...

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 05-27-14 at 06:04 PM.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-14, 06:21 PM

Ahh my mistake... Didn't even see that spell on there, don't know why I kept missing it looking at the posts about the cards . Still no book of my own... borrowed a friends one while at work today to skim over.

Sorry to those I said couldn't do it

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-14, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post

And I can't help but feel that Plague Drones are the way to go, there, rather than Bloodcrushers, in terms of suvivability. They don't have power swords, true, but they are one of the fastest Nurgle (Daemons) units out there...
yeah I think if you can't summon more than a unit a turn then you want to go nurgle for the pure reason that you get shrouded on all your units and depending on your placement you may actually get a reasonable save

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 08:03 AM

Ork Mad's Flag is: England

if you're worried that they might not survive a turn why not summon screamers, though they may be less points then the other options, they can turbo boost the turn they come down and use their slashing attacks and with a 4+ cover save from jink, they might survive to charge and (hopefully) destroy a vehicle next turn.

on another note (right back to the start) @whittsy how'd you get 2 grater daemons and 4 heralds in a single detachment (i'm assuming it's only one detachment and not an unbound one) as that takes up 3 HQ choices

Last edited by Ork Mad; 05-28-14 at 08:11 AM.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

whittsy's Flag is: Australia

@Ork Mad . The Daemons of Chais codex States you may take 4 heralds in a primary detachment. I dunno if that stops you from taking 2 GDs as your HQs though, I'm not 100% on that rule.

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

Deathguard PLOG: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129438
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 11:26 AM

Ork Mad's Flag is: England

you may take up to 4 heralds (per primary detachment) however it takes up a HQ slot

post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-14, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ork Mad View Post
you may take up to 4 heralds (per primary detachment) however it takes up a HQ slot
FAQ changed it to just Per Detactment, so even allies and stuff can have them. Also if he has 4+ troop choices in his army he can have 2-4 HQs as you are no longer limited on how many FOC you can take at any amount of pts, so long as you fill it with the mandatory units.
Let the cheep 16pts a model Nurgle CSM troops roll in... Gotta love having 12 squads of 7 of them for less than 1500pts and just add in 2 HQ and a couple of maulers for support to build you up to 1850

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode