Daemons with feel no pain - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-08, 08:02 PM

beenburned's Flag is: United Kingdom

Only things with ap 1 or 2 stop the nurgle daemons getting FNP from shooting attacks. Attacks in CC that ignore armour (power weapons, MCs..) stop them getting FNP. Nothing else I think. The invulnerable armour save is not an armour save and has nothing to do with the the daemons regenerating. AP above 1 and 2 allows them to get their FNP because the weapon isn't devastating enough to shred the daemons body enough to stop it regenerating. That's my understanding of the rules and fluff behind it all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-08, 03:38 AM
Autarch of Heresy

Ragewind's Flag is: USA

AP weapons that have a 1 or a 2 is irrelevant, what abo8ut Ap 3-6? There are creatures out there that have a saving throw of 3+, The deamons have no save to remove, there is nothing to ignore, and power weapons again do nothing as they do not have normal armor. They will always get it unless they fail a invul save against a weapon/attack that is Double Toughness or a attack in CC that will ignore their invul saves like a Ctan or a Caladus assassin.

As a example the ability of a Monsterous Creature to ignore armor saves is rendered useless vs a creature with a invul save, he cannot bypass the save so his hit becomes just a wound the deamon needs to save against. Now if the deamon failed his save vs a creature that can instant kill then he would not get a FNP roll, however since they all have Eternal Warrior he will ALWAYS get his save vs a attack or effect that produces a instant kill. This question was answered when people asked about Feugan The Burning Lance and will function in the same way since he also has Eternal Warrior and FNP.

Otherwise the Deamons will ALWAYS get a FNP unless hit with a attack that somehow stops it like a Ctan with their Drain Life.

The Eldar, more than any other army, should not only look at the output of each unit individually, but the synergy of multiple units together and their role in the force as a whole. - Fable

Last edited by Ragewind; 08-13-08 at 03:42 AM.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-08, 04:11 AM

Wraithian's Flag is: USA

Daemons do not ALWAYS get their FNP. As it states, weapons with AP 1 or 2 will negate it, as will power weapons. The fact that daemons have no armor save has no bearing on their allowance of a FNP. The rules are clear, precise (a first for GW, eh?), and clean on what denies a FNP.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-08, 04:15 AM
Autarch of Heresy

Ragewind's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithian View Post
Daemons do not ALWAYS get their FNP. As it states, weapons with AP 1 or 2 will negate it, as will power weapons. The fact that daemons have no armor save has no bearing on their allowance of a FNP. The rules are clear, precise (a first for GW, eh?), and clean on what denies a FNP.
Well there you go, if it says it in the rules then it is what it is. My apologies I was going off simple logic and as I don't own the Deamons Codex I don't know the specifics.

The Eldar, more than any other army, should not only look at the output of each unit individually, but the synergy of multiple units together and their role in the force as a whole. - Fable

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-08, 05:02 AM

BloodAngelZeros's Flag is: USA

If this is based purely off the FnP rule in the 40k 5th rulebook, then the daemons don't get their FnP even against instant death as it says that in this case the eternal warrior rule is ignored. The only way AP matters is if it's an AP1 or AP2 weapons. Also, rending, dreadnought CC weapons and the other stuff that's been mentions deny the FnP. That is unless I've overlooked something in the chaos daemons codex. FnP has mor to do with the models toughness, not so much its armor.

"There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has though and purpose which functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bio-engineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all, it must know us only as Prey."
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-08, 05:30 AM

Wraithian's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragewind View Post
Well there you go, if it says it in the rules then it is what it is. My apologies I was going off simple logic and as I don't own the Deamons Codex I don't know the specifics.
It's in the FNP description, not the daemons codex. Though, for the record, there is nothing in the daemons codex that overrides the standard, 5th edition printing of FNP. So, we gotta go by the book.

What you say BAZ, I agree with. To expand on that line of thinking a bit, it's not just the toughness that we gotta look at, but also the power of the hit they took. Things that would take a man's head off, I can see a FNP roll as being, "okay." Well, so as long as I've had a few beers, stand about 15 feet away, and squint, but I can suspend my notion of disbelief that far when it comes to GW.

Now, when we look at something that will not only take a Marine's head off, but only leave a set of smoldering boots, if GW were to allow that FNP, I'd probably have a harder time.

As a daemons player, and as a guy who occasionally puts plague marines on the table, I will admit that what GW did to FNP in 5th works. "Nerfed," I wouldn't say. "Fixed," eh, pretty close.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode