Flying Monstrous Creatures - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-14, 08:54 PM

even if that was the case hes shrouded so would have a 5+ cover if he looked down a battle cannon to see the shape of the shell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-14, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone I couldn't ask for more help. I think I get most of it now, Be'lakor seems to be the one to take. Keep the comments coming should you wish as I'm sure others are learning too.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-14, 11:28 PM

Ravner298's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
Seriously? I always thought that when swooping all terrain etc was forfeit as he was way up in the air :O

That'd make sense now wouldn't it? The problem is that fmc have the same model as before. There is no flying stands for princes or whatever, and Los still applies. When I'm playin a friendly game, I just tell them they can see it as if it was mounted on a flying base (as far as over terrain and elevation goes) because it feels cheesy otherwise. In tournaments however......

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-14, 04:32 AM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

I just imagine them flying low to the ground, using wings for speed rather than altitude. Flying higher would just make them obvious targets. This is all to explain to my whining opponent why he gets the full cover save.

Be'lakor is also pretty small compared to my Black Mace prince and Bloodthirster, and thus even easier to block LOS.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-14, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
I just imagine them flying low to the ground, using wings for speed rather than altitude. Flying higher would just make them obvious targets. This is all to explain to my whining opponent why he gets the full cover save.

Be'lakor is also pretty small compared to my Black Mace prince and Bloodthirster, and thus even easier to block LOS.
That's how I'd imagine it too!

Are you able to post a picture of the two side by side? I've got the Be'lakor dataslate but bought the Daemon Prince as I think he looks better. I will buy him eventually though.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-14, 04:46 PM
JUGGERNUT

I don't have my Be'lakor assembled yet, but here's something I found online that gives you a rough idea:

My Daemon Prince has 2 pairs of wings, which are unfurled vs. only partially so in the case of Be'lakor.

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-14, 10:37 PM

Ravner298's Flag is: USA

Be'lakor is much smaller than a standard prince, making it easier to claim cover and taking advantage if his shrouded ability.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-03-14, 07:16 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
I don't have my Be'lakor assembled yet, but here's something I found online that gives you a rough idea:
Damn, he's only a bit bigger than Skulltaker and he's not that big of a model to begin with.

I must admit that this has kinda baffled me. It makes MUCH more sense to me now, why people are liking Nurgle daemon princes if the cover can be used this way.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-03-14, 01:53 PM
JUGGERNUT

Yeah, I can see where they're coming from, but I've never used a Nurgle prince. More often than not it seems like they also upgrade them to psykers rolling on Biomancy. 25 points wasted on the Nurgle table, up to 50 on Biomancy for a chance at Iron Arm...

For about the same price after all the wargear and upgrades, Be'lakor has Eternal Warrior and the entire Telepathy tree, along with Master-Crafted +1S Armour/Fleshbane, AND shrouded. 1 worse armor save than a regular prince against small arms fire, but 1 better invuln save that can be buffed with a Grimoire to 2+. There's really no contest as far as I'm concerned. Less attacks than a Black Mace wielding Prince, but far more versatile and valuable IMO.

post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-06-14, 01:20 PM

Jam123456's Flag is: United Kingdom

I work on flying / swooping as being on a flying base hight. So I measure 6 inch up from the table. if you can see him you can shoot him. if he's hidden he gets cover etc. you just hold the dude 6 inch up and draw LOS.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode