Autarch rules questions - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-14, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

troybuckle's Flag is: Canada

Default Autarch rules questions

I am planning on running an Autarch with the follow set up and I want to know if I have the rules down right.

Autarch
Swooping Hawk wings
Mandiblasters
Fusion gun (replace pistol)
Shard of Anaris (replace cc weapon)
Mantle of the Laughing God
Total points 185

Is this a legal loadout or do I have to buy a weapon (ie scorpion chainsword) then replace it with the Shard?

With this setup is this right: 3A base +1A for two weapons (shard + Fusion Gun)?

Now when I use my jump move in assault I gain +1A at I10 with hammer of wraith (no increased strength because of shard) then with Mandiblasters I gain another +1A at I10 (with +2S because of Shard) both these attacks are auto hit?

During a charge do I also get the +1A due to a charge even with hammer of wraith and Mandiblasters?

Finaly does Shard transfer it's special rules of Rending and Vauls work (flesh bane & instant death) to all the attacks mentioned above?

I ask this because I come to the following conclusion: on an assault move in which I use my jump pack I will have a total of 7 attacks (1 auto hit @ I10 @ S3 and 1 auto hit @ I10 @ S5) with the remaining 5A at I6 with 5S. Now with Shard all of these attacks wound on 2+ because of fleshbane and rolls of 6 cause an instant wound at ap2 because or rending and any unsaved wounds cause instant death?

With Mantle when standing in the open I have +5 cover save and in +2 in ruins that rerolls failed attempts?

Now I know I have a lot of questions within questions here but I would like you guys to point out anything I have wrong?

Last edited by troybuckle; 01-29-14 at 12:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-14, 02:47 AM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

I'll take a go at your questions one by one.

Is this a legal loadout or do I have to buy a weapon (ie scorpion chainsword) then replace it with the Shard?
:Yes, the Autarch has a CC weapon by defualt.

With this setup is this right: 3A base +1A for two weapons (shard + Fusion Gun)?
:No, cause fusion gun ain't a pistol.

Now when I use my jump move in assault I gain +1A at I10 with hammer of wraith (no increased strength because of shard) then with Mandiblasters I gain another +1A at I10 (with +2S because of Shard) both these attacks are auto hit?
:Yes, but mandiblaster is a S3 single autohit weapon (no more +1A) and hammer of wrath is a single attack and not +1A.

During a charge do I also get the +1A due to a charge even with hammer of wraith and Mandiblasters?
:Yes

Finaly does Shard transfer it's special rules of Rending and Vauls work (flesh bane & instant death) to all the attacks mentioned above?
:Not to mandiblasters but I'm uncertain on the HoW hit. I'll say no cause the BRB states 'unmodified'.

I ask this because I come to the following conclusion: on an assault move in which I use my jump pack I will have a total of 7 attacks (1 auto hit @ I10 @ S3 and 1 auto hit @ I10 @ S5) with the remaining 5A at I6 with 5S. Now with Shard all of these attacks wound on 2+ because of fleshbane and rolls of 6 cause an instant wound at ap2 because or rending and any unsaved wounds cause instant death?
:No, see above.

With Mantle when standing in the open I have +5 cover save and in +2 in ruins that rerolls failed attempts?
: Yes.

You are welcome!

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-14, 03:38 AM
Autarch of Heresy

Ragewind's Flag is: USA

I recommend using a Jetbike, it gives you +T over the wings and lets you have a 2+ cover out in the open thanks to Jink. You also don't have to worry about if you are going to get HoW with the jump pack as the bike always gives it to you regardless.

The Eldar, more than any other army, should not only look at the output of each unit individually, but the synergy of multiple units together and their role in the force as a whole. - Fable

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-14, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

@Moriouce First off thanks!

Ok so I would have to go with the following loadout to get my +1A for two weapons (Base of 3A +1A for 4A):

Autarch: Swooping Hawk wings, Mandiblasters, Pistol, Shard of Anaris (replace cc weapon), Mantle of the Laughing God = Total points 175

So H.O.W will give me one auto hit at I10 which the BRB says "unmodified strength," (if I remember correctly) but it doesn't say it cant be modified in other ways, in my case wouldn't the special rules of Rending and Vauls work transfer?

So, Mandiblasters I gain another auto hit at I10... completely unmodified? (Does it specific this in the Codex, I'm at work and don't have it in front of me).

Now I have the following conclusions on an assault move in which I use my jump pack:

2 Auto hits at I10 one is unmodified (Mandiblasters), while the other (H.O.W) gains Rending and Vauls Work (from Shard).

This leaves me with 5A (base 4A + 1A for charge) all with the benefits of Shard which will is I6, with 5S, wound on 2+ because of Fleshbane, and rolls of 6 cause an instant wound at ap2 because or Rending, and any unsaved wounds cause instant death?

***Also, does taking the fusion gun replace the pistol or do I still keep the pistol and get another gun as well?
@Ragewind Thanks, I understand that the jetbike is awesome here vs. wings, but I don't have a model for it and I want to see how this loadout works (friendly game). I plan on DS it close to, or in, cover and with Battle Focus, Fleet, and Jump Pack, I will hop out of cover turn two and smash something in his DP Zone. I think doing this would be fun lol.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-14, 02:20 PM
Autarch of Heresy

@Ragewind Thanks, I understand that the jetbike is awesome here vs. wings, but I don't have a model for it and I want to see how this loadout works (friendly game). I plan on DS it close to, or in, cover and with Battle Focus, Fleet, and Jump Pack, I will hop out of cover turn two and smash something in his DP Zone. I think doing this would be fun lol.[/QUOTE]

Understandable, good luck!

The Eldar, more than any other army, should not only look at the output of each unit individually, but the synergy of multiple units together and their role in the force as a whole. - Fable

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-14, 02:27 PM

Default Autarch rules questions

@troybuckle Now I have the codex in front of me and see that autarch no longer have ccw by default. But you don't replace anything with the options given. So you keep the pistol ging you +1A for two weapons. More I find that the vaul's work rule only comes into play during challanges.

Good to be green

Last edited by Moriouce; 01-29-14 at 02:30 PM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-14, 03:22 PM
Autarch of Heresy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriouce View Post
@troybuckle Now I have the codex in front of me and see that autarch no longer have ccw by default. But you don't replace anything with the options given. So you keep the pistol ging you +1A for two weapons. More I find that the vaul's work rule only comes into play during challanges.
I could be wrong but I was under the impression his grenades now count as a weapon since they have a weapon profile.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-14, 03:26 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Grenades are weapons of a sort, but are not usually considered a "replacable" weapon slot, nor are they an additional CCW.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-14, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriouce View Post
Now that I have the Codex in front of me and i think that:

Vaul's Work (fleshbane & instant death) = only apply in Challenge.

H.O.W does not get the +2S from Shard it states "unmodified strength," but that is all.. so I assume that i will have Rending on H.O.W, and in a challenge also will have Vaul's Work on H.O.W because of Shard.

Mandiblasters only inflect a single S3 AP- hit and does not get any benefits from Shard (diffrent weapon, not my melee weapon).

I have a pistol and do not replace it when i get a fusion gun instead i have both and therefor still have +1A for a pistol.

Shard replaces a weapon and therefor i have to buy a chainsword and replace it with the Shard in order to have a "Pistol, Fusion Gun & Shard."

This leaves me with:

1 Auto Hit Mandiblasters (no benefits of Shard)
1 Auto Hit H.O.W (some benefits of Shard)
4A base + 1A Charge (all benefits of Shard)
Vauls Work only apply in challenges
Shard give me Fearless.

Also, my opponent will be CM or Daemons or a mix of both so i always find myself in a challenge.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-14, 03:38 PM

Shard do not replace a weapon so save Rhode 3 points!

Good to be green

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode