Vanguard Lightening Claws - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-14, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

raven_jim's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Vanguard Lightening Claws

Hello,

I feel like I am spamming the board with questions today so i do apologise...

I have built a list and there is one thing I have not been 100% sure on so I thought i would put the question out there...

In the new SM codex you can equip vanguard vets. with lightening claws, I have
assumed the points are per claw. I am hoping someone tells me I am wrong and the points are for a pair of claws, this will give me a few extra points if so. 150 points just seems high for 5 pairs of claws?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-14, 02:06 PM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

you have to pay for 2 lighting claws so 30pts per model for a pair, i know it seems high and i thought the same. but in the wording in the melee section it says one costs 15 pts so have to pay for 2
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-14, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

That's what I planned for... bugger, was hoping to free some points, it seems mad how a pair of termi claws are massively cheaper

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-14, 04:00 PM
Rattlehead

Kickboxerdog's on the money.

You want heroes in Power Armour, you run Honour Guard or Space Wolves. Otherwise, you gotta bring Terminators for close combat epics. I've always thought it was a shame, since Vanguard are really cool, but seems GW disagree.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-14, 06:39 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Regardless of price, the 2+ Save of Terminators makes them the more preferential choice for Assaults in general. It's rare AP2 is at Initiative these days, and even rarer on the preferred target of AP3 Shred weapons.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-14, 06:46 PM

Lanfear's Flag is: Scotland

Jimbo old boy. The vanguard vets are sweet models but become almost prohibitively expensive when kitted out with extra gear.
I know you want lightning claws for raven guard fluff and they look cool too of course. What about a couple of guys with dual claws and a couple with storm shields for safety? Otherwise hammer and shield terms dropped off from a stormraven are your best melee bet. Not very raven guard fluffy though I guess.
Anyway, I look forward to my Night Lords collecting a raven guard trophy for my spike racks when next we encounter.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-14, 07:00 PM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

:::CLANG!:: goes the thrown gauntlet!

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-14, 07:17 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Due to Shred one LC out preforms a PS at the same cost in points. Even taking one per model ain't so bad in terms of points cost, plus you still get claws all over the place.

What I'm saying is you're paying 15 points for one more attack. Do you need that one extra attack?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-14, 08:31 PM

Lanfear's Flag is: Scotland

Ha, apologies for the wayward gauntlet hurling Jim. I mistakenly thought you were my regular opponent, also called Jim and also a raven guard fanatic seeking fluffy ways to use his raven guard. Turns out he is nestor73 on this forum. It seems he will attend to my Night Lords with his ravens and not yours. Cheers.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-14, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Jimbo old boy. The vanguard vets are sweet models but become almost prohibitively expensive when kitted out with extra gear.
I know you want lightning claws for raven guard fluff and they look cool too of course. What about a couple of guys with dual claws and a couple with storm shields for safety? Otherwise hammer and shield terms dropped off from a stormraven are your best melee bet. Not very raven guard fluffy though I guess.
Anyway, I look forward to my Night Lords collecting a raven guard trophy for my spike racks when next we encounter.
Ohhhh i love a challenge...

I'd love to see my fluffy raven guard tear through you're chaos bat's. Backing out was a wise decision

haha

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode