Sky landing platform question? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-12-13, 01:28 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Are you suggesting making it so a model can not be fired at?

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-12-13, 06:09 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Well hang on a tic.

For a competition scene, maybe just going by the rulebook is fine. However, if you are playing in a group of friends, why would you not allow modified or even completely home generated fortifications? It seems silly to do that!

Basically, you know most small rules cost between 5-15 points, so why not say that a ramp on a skyshield which blocks some line of sight and allows bikes to move up and down the edifice without having to take dangerous terrain tests is fine IF they treat it as costing accordingly?

I personally wouldn't give a damn about it, if someone has been motivated enough to make their own terrain they are more than welcome to use it in a game with me.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-12-13, 02:15 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
I personally wouldn't give a damn about it
Neither would I if it was discussed pre-game. However, if you're talking about points costing out things that effect the game beyond being there (there are rules for 'dilapidated' fortifications in the rulebook for bastions/bunkers that aren't taken as specific paid for fortifications) then I am less cool with it. Since we aren't playing games together it makes not one spit of difference, but that's it. On my trench table there are built in bunkers on each side that we count as dilapidated fortifications that neither side pays for but can still be used in game. They don't get any special rules beyond that which the BRB states (so even though they could be bastions there are no emplaced weapons, etc.). The moment you start adding points costs and special rules to your scenery is the moment I say no, but that's just me man. I'm personally not a fan of homebrew rules and points costs, I barely trust that which GW comes out with. If someone I gamed with wanted to make a Skyshield Pad, they could make it whatever way they wanted to provided it had roughly the same footprint in-game and they used the rules and points cost provided for the unit. If they want to make a massive landing pad that looks sick and provides cover and awesomeness to the board then that's fine too, but it won't be providing any invulnerable saves or re-rolls on reserves in my games.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-12-13, 08:44 PM

brianlynchmob's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
Are you suggesting making it so a model can not be fired at?
Exactly, and not assaulted either

could be a fun thing to do with hive guard Or if you just need to hide your HQ as he's close to death.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-12-13, 08:55 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

I would say you only got a cover save from being in it.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 10:50 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Ntaw - fair dinkum.

Brian - I think you'd need to have a serious discussion whether the legs count as impassable terrain or independent structures.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 02:55 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Fair dinkum.

I had no idea what you were saying until Google came through.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-13, 12:22 AM

brianlynchmob's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
Ntaw - fair dinkum.

Brian - I think you'd need to have a serious discussion whether the legs count as impassable terrain or independent structures.
That sure is true, all terrain needs a good discussion.

So if I offer the legs & bottom of the shield should be impassible, then they say no, I should be free and clear at that point to use the model as it's built. If the model fits you must acquit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode