Daemons, daemons, daemons! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-08, 03:19 AM Thread Starter

1k-termie's Flag is: Canada

Default Daemons, daemons, daemons!

OK. So I finally got some Tsons, and want to pick up some lesser daemons, but therare flamers, screamers, and horrors. I thought horrors would be the obvious choice, but then thought about the rules. What are the rues for the 3 types of daemons? I might have just forgot to read ALL of my codex, but any help would be great. Peace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-08, 03:28 AM

As a fantasy player I love screamers.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-08, 09:04 AM

royemunson's Flag is: England

If you are using the rules out of the chaos space marine codex then they would all just count as lesser daemons, but horrors would really be the best choice. there are rules for the three types in the daemon codex but unless you are playing apocalypse you cant use them in the same army as Tsons.

Well, the Chaos Space Marines have the chaos gods on their side, while the Space Marines have Games Workshop on their's.
So one has the most corrupt, twisted and souless entities in existance helping them while the other gets the chaos gods.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-08, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

1k-termie's Flag is: Canada

alright, that makes sense. It's just all the armies I see say somehing like, "3 screamers would help my flamers from taking hits so they can use the template" or some bullcrap like that.
Another question: is it just me, or is games workshop lowering their prices? I went in there and found my Tsons, but looked at the new Daemons, and Bloodletters were 20$CND! Same amount of pieces for any other box set would cost at least 40$CND!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-08, 07:07 PM

Because those new bloodletters are plastic (most other daemons are metal) and you only get 10 in a box IIRC. But yeah, the prices are coming down a little.

As for daemons in your TSons army, as has already been said, they'll all count as generic lesser daemons, ruleswise. They're really not worth their points cost either, so unless you just want to take horrors/flamers/whatever for fluff reasons (or you like the models) those points would be better spent on more TSons.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode