fortress - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

Default fortress

my friend told me hes making his own fortress of redemption and hes making like a square with no ways in so he can sit his army in there and not be assaulted or shot at while he fires out of fire points at the us is this allowed or does there have to be a way in also is there a limit to the number of fire points on the building

i only ask as if hes allowed unless u can bring something to pen av14 u cant touch him whole game while hes kills u off and that don't seem right ?

thx guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 01:19 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

He can only play it with rules agreed upon by the players he is playing with since it is a scratch built model. If he is using the FoR rules it has defined fire points and what not. Again he has to get the players to agree with him.

Long story short, he can only play it the way you described if his opponent agrees to let him.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 02:32 AM

How is that different from him bringing a land raider or 3?

Wife: "How much do you have invested in these ... miniatures?"

Me: "I don't think invested is the right word."

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 08:52 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

I would be MOST happy to see a toss pot bring along something like this.

Have a read of how template weapons effect units in buildings and then have a think about a Land Raider with Flamestorm Cannon. Don't forget to put a MultiMelta on the LR for some Armourbane goodness as well.

Also check up on how Grenades can be used against units in buildings and then have a think about putting a squad of ten in that Land Raider and making sure they have Krak Grenades. Maybe some Melta bombs as well for the assault phase to crack that sucker open.

Or if you like you can just refer him to Page 93 that says buildings that have no means of entry are Impassable Buildings and cannot be entered in anyway, but only tell him just before he is about to deploy.

The other thing you can do is simply let him put his entire force in there, objectives can't be placed on fortifications so he's going to have a time claiming any that aren't right outside. Also use the rule that Fortifications are placed BEFORE terrain and go and buy yourself some nice big hills you can place to cover your advance.

Last edited by Magpie_Oz; 08-09-13 at 10:11 AM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 09:03 AM

arlins's Flag is: England

Magpies pretty much nailed it
fortifications are not that hard to counter , plus as has been pointed out a building with no entry is classed as impassable and cant be entered .
your friends thinks he,s spotted a advantage , he hasn't larf at him as he sinks points into something that doesn't work as he thinks ,
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 09:17 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
I would be MOST happy to see a toos pot bring along something like this.

Have a read of how template weapons effect units in buildings and then have a think about a Land Raider with Flamestorm Cannon. don't forget to put a MultiMelta on the LR for some Armourbane goodness as well.

Also check up on how Grenades can be used against units in buildings and then have a think about putting a squad of ten in that Land Raider and making sure they have Krak Grenades. Maybe some Melta bombs as well for the assault phase to crack that sucker open.

Or if you like you can just refer him to Page 93 that says buildings that have no means of entry are Impassable Buildings and cannot be entered in anyway, but only tell him just before he is about to deploy.

The other thing you can do is simply let him put his entire force in there, objectives can't be placed on fortifications so he's going to have a time claiming any that aren't right outside. Also use the rule that Fortifications are placed BEFORE terrain and go and buy yourself some nice big hills you can place to cover your advance.
Thank you. I was too lazy to write down the answer.
Besides, I would maim the sucker that do something so lame...

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 09:59 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

a) Modelling to advantage B) there is an excisting model, I wouldnt agree to anything that would look overly different in layout then that. C) big guns still trump fortifications.

I`D just say F*** it I'm not playing against that.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 10:41 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Please please PLEASE use it would be my answer, I would be more than happy to buy an entire artillery regiment of basilisks and manticores and mortars and sit out of sight all day long lobbing pie

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

think u guys are getting i little off topic if i wanted to teach him a lesson its easy 3 fire prisms fire dragons , swooping hawks job done

what i want to know is if he is allowed to make a fully enclosed get of building that canted be charged or hit unless u have these guns to pen armor 14 also how many fire points and the 3 small and 1 mid building take ? is there any runs to how many per side ? andcan i move over his walls to the inside and just charge him from there
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 12:19 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki619 View Post
think u guys are getting i little off topic if i wanted to teach him a lesson its easy 3 fire prisms fire dragons , swooping hawks job done

what i want to know is if he is allowed to make a fully enclosed get of building that canted be charged or hit unless u have these guns to pen armor 14 also how many fire points and the 3 small and 1 mid building take ? is there any runs to how many per side ? andcan i move over his walls to the inside and just charge him from there
We've all pretty much covered that.

A fully enclosed building is impassable and you cannot make up your own uber model for a fortification that is meant to be the GW Fortress. If you want to use the rules of the Fortress of Redemption then the model you use must be of a similar nature to the official one.

Last edited by Magpie_Oz; 08-09-13 at 12:21 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode