Chaplains weapon options - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-07, 03:37 AM Thread Starter

Default Chaplains weapon options

Ok posting this for a friend just because we're trying to get it right or not, he wants to make his SM chappy with 2 Lclaws and no crozius, was pretty sure he couldnt, but just checking becuase he said weapons could be replaced from the armory, but not sure if a normal space marine chaplain needs a crozius like chaos aplostles do, i figure they would, but couldnt find where it said they couldnt, so any clearification and possible FAC back up would be nice, or pg's in rule book so he can get it straight(hes not trying to cheat hes just wondering really), and im posting for him since he doesnt really have internet acess atm :?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-07, 03:41 AM
Powered by Squig Tea

Viscount Vash's Flag is: England

As far as I know thats cool you just buy the new stuff to replace the Crozius.
Only the new Dark Angles codex says you cannot from what I hear.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-07, 03:43 AM

You can, but you're spending 30 points for one more attack and the ability to reroll the wounds or get the Crozius for free. Not sure if it's worth it, but he can go ahead and do it, it's legal.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-07, 05:06 AM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

Not only is it legal, but you can still have the crozius (not that it actually makes any difference in game terms).

The rules stay you may only buy two weapons from the wargear list

It does NOT say that you are limited to only *having* two weapons. So, essentially, chaplains and librarians can have three weapons, veteran sergeants can have four. The weapons they come with, plus a maximum of two selected from the wargear list.

Of course, you still only get to fire one weapon in the shooting phase, and you get only one bonus attack for having two CCWs, so its something of a curiosity rather than a rules exploit. But I've known people to throw fits over it just because they;re fussy.

My chaplain is equipped with LCs and a crozius. (one of his LCs is attached to his base in a mangled piece of tank armor, as if it got stuck in and torn off when the tank exploded, revealing his bionic arm underneath. Rallying his men, he pulled the crozius from his belt and held it aloft)

That said, I'm thinking of making his LC arm magnetic so I can swap it for a BP when I feel like not spending a metric assload of points on an already overpriced character

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-07, 09:18 AM
Ex Mod.

cccp's Flag is: Great Britain

it is legal, but i cant see the point in doing it. all you get is the ability to re-roll wounds, you dont even get the extra attack as you take away the BP/Crozuis. Perhaps if he was leading a termie assualt squad.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-07, 02:36 PM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

You get the extra attack if you just spend the extra 5 points for a pair of LCs (which is exactly what the OP said the guy was doing)

So you do get the extra attack, it;s just a matter of is rerolling wounds worth 29 points (assuming otherwise you;d just spend 1pt for a BP)

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-07, 05:27 PM
Ex Mod.

cccp's Flag is: Great Britain

what i was saying was by spending 30 points you get the ability to re-roll wounds. As the chaplain would get an extra attack for Crozius/bolt pistol anyway it cant really be counted as a bonus when considering wether to equip him like that or not.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-07, 05:32 PM
Hespithe's Flag is: USA

Yes, you can do it, but I'd rather just Mastercraft (or not) the Crozius, give him a Bolt Pistol, and with the spare points you did not waste on the Claws, I'd give him Frag and Meltabombs.

But, on my own, I always equipped Chappys with the Crozius, and a Powerfist. You just never know which winged ugly is gonna land in front of you.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-07, 06:30 PM

Perfectly legal although It's more non-scoring points which are probably better spent elsewhere. The crozius Is free and does a great Job getting you your six attacks, along with the power fist and plasma pistols from the assault squad that he leads you should be good to go to face all foes big or small!

''I Beard therefore I am!''

LongBeard (AKA Bennetio!)
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-07, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Yeah hes a jump chappy leading a assualt squad, basically he was looking to the point of rerolling wounds and hits for those 6 attacks. but yeah that many points does kinda seem like a waste, i think hes tryin to make a assualt termy chaplain with a termy retinue though, so probably throw the 2 LC's on him would be a better idea?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode