Eldar how do the remnants of glory work? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
jwillyeo's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 7
Reputation: 1
Default Eldar how do the remnants of glory work?

As the title suggests I don't know how I am to go about using the remnants in the new elder codex as there doesn't appear to be anything telling me who I can attach one to.
jwillyeo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 05:23 PM
Senior Member
Digg40k's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Newcastle, England
Posts: 1,083
Reputation: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwillyeo View Post
As the title suggests I don't know how I am to go about using the remnants in the new elder codex as there doesn't appear to be anything telling me who I can attach one to.
It is included in bold if they can take Remnants of Glory in the points costed section at the back mate.
Digg40k is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 05:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Desolatemm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,195
Reputation: 2
Default

A character entry in the army list section (the area with points costs) will say that it may take items from the Remnants of Glory(page #). On the page with the list of Remnants, it says you may replace one weapon with one of the Remnants of Glory. Some have notes indicating Spiritseer/Farseer only or "does not replace weapon". Other than that, they are just wargear that operate as written in the dex.

The only thing that i'm not sure about is if you can replace more than one weapon. It says to replace one weapon with one of the Remnants of Glory, but can you replace ANOTHER one weapon with one of the Remnants of Glory. For instance an Autarch exchanging his pistol with Remnant A and his close combat weapon with Remnant B.

"Bide your time and hold out hope"
-The Count of Monte Cristo
Desolatemm is offline  
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
jwillyeo's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 7
Reputation: 1
Default

So I can take the shard of anaris for example on fuegan replacing his fire axe and he then attacks at strength 6 with instant death if making a challenge?
jwillyeo is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 06:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Desolatemm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,195
Reputation: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwillyeo View Post
So I can take the shard of anaris for example on fuegan replacing his fire axe and he then attacks at strength 6 with instant death if making a challenge?
Only units WITH THE ENTRY that says you can take Remnants of Glory are allowed to do so. Just look at the entry. All of the named characters do not have access to the list. It must say they can take items from the Remnants of Glory. Why would you think Fuegan can?

"Bide your time and hold out hope"
-The Count of Monte Cristo
Desolatemm is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 06:07 PM
Token Trans Mod
 
Zion's Avatar
Zion's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On the internet.
Posts: 6,385
Reputation: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolatemm View Post
Only units WITH THE ENTRY that says you can take Remnants of Glory are allowed to do so. Just look at the entry. All of the named characters do not have access to the list. It must say they can take items from the Remnants of Glory. Why would you think Fuegan can?
To add to that, all named characters already have their own Remnants of Glory.
Zion is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 06:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Desolatemm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,195
Reputation: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
To add to that, all named characters already have their own Remnants of Glory.
^This. But those are NOT to be confused with the list that is available to other units. Named characters have personal Remnants of Glory that are only available to them and it specifically says what it is and how it works.

"Bide your time and hold out hope"
-The Count of Monte Cristo
Desolatemm is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-13, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
jwillyeo's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 7
Reputation: 1
Default

I've made sense of it all now. Thanks for the help only the autarch, farseer and spiritseer get to choose remnants from the list.
jwillyeo is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-13, 12:06 PM
Senior Moderator
 
DeathKlokk's Avatar
DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 5,719
Reputation: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolatemm View Post
^This. But those are NOT to be confused with the list that is available to other units. Named characters have personal Remnants of Glory that are only available to them and it specifically says what it is and how it works.

This reminds me of my DnD group who are always looking for the mythical "Staff of Badass Motherfucker" (it's the one that says "Badass Motherfucker" on it). Our DM says "If you want the Staff of Badass Motherfucker, you must kill the Badass Motherfucker that has it!

Desolatemm, It says you trade one for one so if you have two weapons you may trade both.

Strange, but not a Stranger.
DeathKlokk is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-13, 01:04 PM
Vaz
Senior Member
 
Vaz's Avatar
Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 12,830
Reputation: 79
Default

[quote=Desolatemm;1379974]
Quote:
The only thing that i'm not sure about is if you can replace more than one weapon. It says to replace one weapon with one of the Remnants of Glory, but can you replace ANOTHER one weapon with one of the Remnants of Glory. For instance an Autarch exchanging his pistol with Remnant A and his close combat weapon with Remnant B.
You may replace "One" weapon, not "two" or "up to two", or "and/or" which is what you typically see in Codices. Having said that I've not got the Eldar 'Dex so I'm SoL and first hand knowledge, and I don't play a 6th edition army yet (only got a Skyray so far).



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Vaz is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome