Ramming Fortifications - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-13, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Ramming Fortifications

I'm pretty sure this question or a variation has been posted before, but I couldn't find the thread, so I'll ask again. If my opponent is occupying a fortifications such as a Bastion or Fortress of Redemption, can it be rammed (e.g. with a Caestus Assault Ram)?

And does this also apply to normal buildings, when occupied?

Cheers.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-13, 02:15 PM
Autarch of Heresy

Ragewind's Flag is: USA

As long as it has people embarked nothing is stopping you. Otherwise you cannot directly target empty buildings

The Eldar, more than any other army, should not only look at the output of each unit individually, but the synergy of multiple units together and their role in the force as a whole. - Fable

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-13, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Spanner in the works...

Ah cheers. Just out of interest, do you know the page reference/FAQ for that, because I couldn't find anything mentioning it. Just the implication that embarked buildings are mostly treated like vehicles, so are thus susceptible to ramming.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-13, 02:34 PM
Autarch of Heresy

Ragewind's Flag is: USA

I am currently on my mobile and away from my books. Let me ask you this however, what, specifically, makes you think you cant?

The Eldar, more than any other army, should not only look at the output of each unit individually, but the synergy of multiple units together and their role in the force as a whole. - Fable

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-13, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Spanner in the works...

Not sure really. Just the fact that it's not directly addressed in either the section on Fortifications/Buildings, nor ramming makes it rather ambiguous. Also I think I've been led to presume you can't because of a thread on this forum somewhere or other, but I can't quite remember the context or reasoning.

Quote:

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-13, 04:49 PM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

well, you can't target an unoccupied building...by target i think they mean in all things; so no shooting, assaulting, ramming...etc. once it is occupied all hell can break loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-13, 05:06 PM

brianlynchmob's Flag is: Canada

You can not ram buildings at all, occupied or not. It's specified on pg 86. (not a building) And the bastion is a medium building, the fortress is small and medium buildings.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-13, 05:20 PM

psactionman's Flag is: USA

Page 93 is the source for not being able to attack an unoccupied building. Brianlynchmob is right, you can only ram another vehicle, not a building.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-13, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Spanner in the works...

OK, from what you guys point out, it's not explicitly stated either way - just inferred from the fact that Ramming refers only to vehicles. However, are buildings not treated exactly in the same way as vehicles (apart from the damage chart) when attacking them? It could go either way, though I suppose the section on ramming does quite clearly state vehicles (but doesn't specify about buildings/fortifications).

Quote:

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-13, 06:32 PM

brianlynchmob's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
OK, from what you guys point out, it's not explicitly stated either way - just inferred from the fact that Ramming refers only to vehicles. However, are buildings not treated exactly in the same way as vehicles (apart from the damage chart) when attacking them? It could go either way, though I suppose the section on ramming does quite clearly state vehicles (but doesn't specify about buildings/fortifications).
Yes, ramming only refers to vehicles, As you are not given permission to ram a building you can not.

buildings are not vehicles, they just use some of the rules under certain circumstances, ramming is not one of the ones listed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode