And they shall know no fear, and Trapped! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-13, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Default And they shall know no fear, and Trapped!

Now this isn't likely to happen, infact I have never seen it happen with any army, but my question is:

If a space marine falls back from combat, but cannot physically fall back, is it then destroyed? As it cannot regroup until the start of the next turn, but it has no where to go, also this isn't sweeping advance so doesn't just stay in combat.

That said I am unsure whether all marines or just vanilla marines have combat tactics so can just stay in combat anyway should this situation arise.

Thoughts?

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-13, 09:31 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

I think the last line of the Trapped! rule makes it pretty clear. ATSKNF only affects regrouping and sweeping advance.

BA don't have combat tactics. This would screw me in the event that it came up, but it hasn't yet.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-13, 09:33 PM

Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

Trapped is a very rare circumstance indeed. ATSKNF has no provision for a unit being Trapped though. So even Marines can be destroyed this way. But I've never seen any instance where a unit was Trapped from any army. It is exceptionally rare. It must have been common at some point for it to be in the rules though. I thought Combat Tactics was that they could always choose to fail, not choose to fail or pass. So I don't think you can choose to stay in combat, barring Calgar being in the unit. But the none codex Marines(BA, SW and DA) do not have Combat Tactics. And being Trapped is actually more likely to occur with a fall back from being shot than losing assault.

"Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken." -Urien Rakarth

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-13, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I know wha you mean about the trapped being rare, but it will still be hilarious when it does eventually happen.

May need to try to force this to occur...

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-13, 11:26 AM
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Hmm if your trying to get someone trapped. Large groups of mobile troops or just lots of troops such as orks or nids

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-13, 05:15 PM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

the only time that i EVER got it to work was when i was running my nids and my "lets F*CK SHIT UP" decked out warriors practically obliterated a tactical squad and the combat was surrounded by swarms of termigants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-13, 07:46 PM

Yes they will be destroyed if they break due to being shot. A nifty way to make this happen is to drop pod two sets of devilgaunts right beside a marine squad then form a circle with the two squads. There is a lot of luck involved but its still hilarious when it happens.

Even though you walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I'm there waiting... and your not coming out alive!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode