Amount of attacks? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-13, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

ipwnuevryday's Flag is: Ireland

Default Amount of attacks?

I was wondering about how many attacks my models get each. It has been confusing me for a while and the codices seem unclear.

Scenario 1: Assault marine with bolt pistol and chainsword. Charged but did not use jump pack to make the charge.
As far as I know, he gets 1 extra attack for the charge, 1 base attack and an extra attack for close-combat weapons. Does the bolt pistol give him an extra attack as well as the chainsword? (As in 4 attacks)

Scenario 2: Assault marine charged. Same loadout. How many attacks?

Scenario 3: Tactical marine charges with a boltgun. (Does he have a bolt pistol as well for assaulting?) How many attacks?

In the case of all of them, could you please tell me what exactly gives them each attack?
Thanks in advance (if anyone answers ).

Whoever says nothing is more powerful than love has obviously never heard of demolisher cannons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-13, 04:00 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipwnuevryday View Post
Scenario 1:
No, it's each additional CC weapon after the initial 2 for a bonus attack. If he didn't use the jump pack in the movement, he can re-roll his charge distance if needed and gains a Hammer of Wrath attack when charging.

Quote:
Scenario 2:
I assume you mean the assault marine was charged? 2 attacks, one for his base attacks and one for the two close combat weapons.

Quote:
Scenario 3
One attack base, one attack for charging. Like in scenario one, the extra attacks for additional weapons starts at 2 CC weapons. IE. chainsword + bolt pistol = one attack bonus. Chainsword + bolt pistol + a third weapon = two attacks.

EDIT: the bolt pistol is there to fire before you assault. Boltguns are rapid fire and you can't assault after shooting them.

Making any sense yet?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-13, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

ipwnuevryday's Flag is: Ireland

How many attacks in total for each? Also, do I only get 1 attack for the BP and CS? I heard the BP counts as a CC weapon

Whoever says nothing is more powerful than love has obviously never heard of demolisher cannons.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-13, 05:23 PM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

i think for an assault marines you get
1 base attack
1 attack for a ccw and bolt pistol
+ 1 attack for charging
if charging using a jump pack you get an extra hammer of wrath attack which is done at int step 10
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-13, 07:18 PM
Iniquity's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
No, it's each additional CC weapon after the initial 2 for a bonus attack...the extra attacks for additional weapons starts at 2 CC weapons. IE. chainsword + bolt pistol = one attack bonus. Chainsword + bolt pistol + a third weapon = two attack
Are you sure on this? I'm not arguing it, but would like clarification to know for sure.

Example: Generic Chaos Space Marine Champion comes with boltgun, bolt pistol, and ccw. Under ranged weapons upgrades, I can replace any weapon, so I exchange the boltgun for a plasma pistol.

How many attacks does he have now? 2 base + ???
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-13, 07:22 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

I saw ntaw's post and my mind jumped immediately to Iniquity's example. Heh.

No, I believe you get one bonus attack for having 2 ccws. Walkers, on the other had, certainly do get a bonus attack for each additional ccw (Dreadnoughts, defilers, etc).

That said, if the walker comes with a pair of CCWs already (Maulerfiend, Soul Grinder), I'm told that they no longer get that bonus--it's already included in their profile, supposedly. Which does NOT apply to infantry--guh, confusing cluster-cuss.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-13, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
confusing cluster-cuss.
But.. they have to make it confusing.. rules-clarity would just make it easier for us to focus on the price-hikes

The Grey Knights: Because Huzzah for Blind Faith and Unreasonable Hatred!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-13, 08:49 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iniquity View Post
Are you sure on this? I'm not arguing it, but would like clarification to know for sure.

Example: Generic Chaos Space Marine Champion comes with boltgun, bolt pistol, and ccw. Under ranged weapons upgrades, I can replace any weapon, so I exchange the boltgun for a plasma pistol.

How many attacks does he have now? 2 base + ???
The Chaos Champion already has 2 close combat weapons in his profile so exchanging his bolter for a pistol won't make any difference as you can only get a single extra attack from having 2 CCW with anything but Walkers.

So despite now having 3 CCW he only gets 1 extra attack so all up he'd have 3 attacks, 4 on the charge.

2 Base + 1 for extra CCW + 1 for charge.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-13, 09:32 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Yup. Crossed the streams in my mind with dreadnought CCW's. Sorry about that.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-13, 10:55 PM
Iniquity's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
The Chaos Champion already has 2 close combat weapons in his profile so exchanging his bolter for a pistol won't make any difference as you can only get a single extra attack from having 2 CCW with anything but Walkers.

So despite now having 3 CCW he only gets 1 extra attack so all up he'd have 3 attacks, 4 on the charge.

2 Base + 1 for extra CCW + 1 for charge.
That is what I originally thought, but wasn't sure after reading some of the above comments before my original post. The clarifications given above smooth it out.

Walkers make sense since it would be another extremity that could attack. Run of the mill humanoids only have two arms to use, regardless of how many weapons they carry.

Let's muddy it up a little, though. The Hellbrute comes with a power fist and 2 base attacks. If I add the second power fist, does he gain another attack?

While on the subject, can I split my cc attacks if I have two different ccw (fisticlaws as an example)?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode