FW Rules Questions Answered - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-13, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Default FW Rules Questions Answered

Recently I wrote Forge World (their actual email address where you send the FW Team rules questions instead of GW) about some questions I had (plus a couple Arcane mentioned) and got some replies back. They did say there is some FAQ documents in the works, but in the mean time this should help tide us over I think.

Q: Does a Decimator (experimental rules) that has been Dedicated to Nurgle affect/benefit from the 'Tally of Pestilence' (Codex Chaos Daemons page 52)?
A: Any vehicle that is dedicated to Nurgle as part of it's rules or is obviously Nurgle related (such as the Blight Drone) benefits/contributes to the 'Tally of Pestilence'
Q: How does the Daemon rule on the vehicles with the Daemon rule work? Is it like the Daemon Rule for the Soul Grinder (Codex: Chaos Daemons page 45, and Chaos Daemons Erratta)? Or is it instead like the Daemon rule for the actual Daemons (Codex: Chaos Daemons page 27 and Chaos Daemons Erratta)?
A:Any vehicle that has the Daemon rule benefits in the same way as the Soul Grinder from Codex: Chaos Daemons.
Q: Does the Blight Drone (IA: Aeronautica page 74) affect/benefit from the 'Tally of Pestilence' (Codex Chaos Daemons page 52)?
A: Any vehicle that is dedicated to Nurgle as part of it's rules or is obviously Nurgle related (such as the Blight Drone) benefits/contributes to the 'Tally of Pestilence'

Q: Does the Repressor have the Shield of Faith rule like the other Sisters of Battle vehicles?
A: Yes, we'll be amending our Sisters of Battle vehicles in the near future.
Q: Does the Avenger, if taken as part of the Sisters of Battle army list, benefit from the Shield of Faith rule as well?
A:No, it is not piloted by one of the Adepta Sororitas and is an attached asset.

Q: Supersonic prevents Flyers from Hovering, yet the Avenger Strike Fighter in the Imperial Armour Aeronautica book has both the Supersonic and Hover special rules. Which is the correct rule to use?
A: Both. The Avenger may, at the start of any of its turns, choose to enter Hover mode and will not be able to use the Supersonice rule and associated movement methods. The controlling player may choose to allow the Avenger to leave Hover mode at the start of any subsequent turn, and the Avenger may then move as a Supersonic vehicle.

----

I'd asked the one about the Avenger getting Shield of Faith to hopefully get it in the FAQ so we have to worry about people trying to cheese it out, or argue RAI on it.

Personally I'm rather excited about the vehicles (Decimator with Dedication to Nurgle, the Blight Drone and even the Plague Hulk (who is obviously attached to Nurgle being a "Nurgle Plague Hulk") working with the Tally as that adds a LOT of flexibility to a mono-Nurgle list. This gives the army some ranged shooting that boosts the Tally, and gives the army the ability to make up for most of their models being Slow and Purposeful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-13, 08:38 PM
Arcane's Flag is: USA

Cool, nice to get some good answers.

Thing is though they told me the Repressor would be amended about 6-8 months ago... but never did. Which raises the question of if they are either adding it in a possible new SoB dex or a redone Imperial Armour book in the near future..?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-13, 09:12 PM

DeSteele's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
yet the Avenger Strike Fighter in the Imperial Armour Aeronautica book has both the Supersonic and Hover special rules
Hi Zion, I see you say that the Avenger has the Hover rule. In what version of the "Imperial Armour Aeronautica" does it say that? My copy is sadly missing that rule, does have Supersonic. Mine has a published date of 2012 and I bought it in Shrewsbury GW in UK.

All the best

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-13, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSteele View Post
Hi Zion, I see you say that the Avenger has the Hover rule. In what version of the "Imperial Armour Aeronautica" does it say that? My copy is sadly missing that rule, does have Supersonic. Mine has a published date of 2012 and I bought it in Shrewsbury GW in UK.

All the best
You know, looking at my book again, I have no idea. I asked though, and it doesn't apply to the Avenger, but if we have any Hover/Supersonic vehicles in there, we now have a way on how it works.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-13, 12:18 AM

DeSteele's Flag is: Wales

So just preparing in case they give hover to the Avenger then

Well thay say "Chance faviours the prepared mind."
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-13, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSteele View Post
So just preparing in case they give hover to the Avenger then

Well thay say "Chance faviours the prepared mind."
Well only if it goes into the FAQ, which makes it retroactively give it Hover. This is all unofficial until it gets there of course.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-13, 07:14 PM
Grey Knight Converter

asianavatar's Flag is: Canada

I was excited for a second. The avenger with hover would be amazing. Back to it being just a pretty cool jet that I still love using. Now that I think about it, are their any planes in the 40k universe that have landing wheels. How do they take off and land, maybe all planes should have hover.

I used to roll the dice, Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes

Quote:
I'm afraid there's no authoritative source for thinking you're an asshole
Aramoro

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode