Charging the first turn? - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-19-08, 01:51 PM

chaos vince's Flag is: USA

hmmm, shrike is nasty but my fav is still a pair of winged slaneshi dp's. 310 points for the both of them and with lash and wings against any army but eldar you're probly going to get a first turn assault. 2 i6 dp's go through a marine squad like a buzz saw, and tie up orks nicely until the supporting beserkers make it to the fun(assuming the didn't make the 1st turn charge) what they do to tau and 'crons is just wrong.

when you gotta shoot, shoot. Don't talk...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-19-08, 06:00 PM

don_mondo's Flag is: USA

While it's not that effective, an Ork Dethkopta can do 42". 24" pre-game Scout move (yes, I asked Phil Kelly at Balt GD, they can turboboost on their scout move), then their standard 12/6 move assault on the first turn. Hmmmm, 5th ed, sounds like good tank hunters, given that you assault rear armor...................
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-19-08, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole Deschain View Post
And if you don;t get first turn and they eat a round from a Leman Russ or a Basilisk or an Ork Boomgun?

Ouch.

Too rich for my blood.
They'd be deployed in cover with infriltrate and have the stealth bonus.
But You're right they are a bit pricey and risky.... Like taking a dev. squad full of plasma cannons. Great when they work but when they backfire they're a bitch....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!

post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-20-08, 06:06 AM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_mondo View Post
While it's not that effective, an Ork Dethkopta can do 42". 24" pre-game Scout move (yes, I asked Phil Kelly at Balt GD, they can turboboost on their scout move), then their standard 12/6 move assault on the first turn. Hmmmm, 5th ed, sounds like good tank hunters, given that you assault rear armor...................
That does sound good, I thought Dethkoptas were good before, but now I find out they get scouts? damn.... almost has me thinking of trying to get a Kult of Speed army....buzzsaws, blasters and bombs, and on the first turn, you're stuck in.

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode