Necron reanimation protocol & resurrection orb - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-12, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

nsr250repsol's Flag is: USA

Default Necron reanimation protocol & resurrection orb

I have a quick question concerning the Necron reanimation protocol & resurrection orb. I know in the latest FAQ it states the bearer and of the Orb and his unit can roll reanimation protocol even if the bearer has been killed. I'm clear on that. The question is if the entire squad his killed the reanimation protocol cannot be used. Is this the case if the squad has a Lord with a resurrection orb and the entire unit is killed or can the reanimation protocol still be rolled?

I think the reanimation rule would stand and reanimation rolls would not be able to be made if the unit is completely whipped out. However, if the lord is killed and some or one of his unit remains the reanimation rolls could still be made at the benefit of the resurrection orb as per the FAQ.

Am I missing something or does this sound correct?

Warm beer is infinitely colder than no beer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-12, 05:24 PM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

if all of the warriors/immortals are killed you cant use reanimation protocols, the lord can still do his ever living roll though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-12, 05:47 PM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

Correct. As an example, a squad of warriors with a Lord with an Orb in it. If all the Warriors die, they cannot make their reconstruction rolls. If the Lord dies, along with some of the Warriors, everyone can attempt their reconstruction under the influence of the Orb. The Lord of course can always attempt to reconstruct due to Ever Living. Once the Lord fails the Reconstruction though, the orb bonus is gone for future turns.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-12, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

nsr250repsol's Flag is: USA

Good to see I had it correct. Also thanks for the additional info on the ever living rule as well.

Warm beer is infinitely colder than no beer.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-12, 09:13 PM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

And to further expand on what The Sturk said, it's always a great idea to roll the Lord's Resurrection Protocol last, simply to keep that 4+ in play, as if you do his first and lose, the ever-living counter is removed, and (I'm fairly certain) the buff from his res orb is as well.

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-12, 09:19 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boc View Post
And to further expand on what The Sturk said, it's always a great idea to roll the Lord's Resurrection Protocol last, simply to keep that 4+ in play, as if you do his first and lose, the ever-living counter is removed, and (I'm fairly certain) the buff from his res orb is as well.
The FAQ says you still get the Orb buff for that phase if the guy with it is removed so the order doesn't matter.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-12, 10:14 PM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
The FAQ says you still get the Orb buff for that phase if the guy with it is removed so the order doesn't matter.
Well... disregard my post then haha

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-12, 12:05 PM

Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

Actually, there is this Erratta, backing Boc.

Quote:
Page 82 – Necron Wargear, Resurrection Orb.
Add the following sentence at the end of the second paragraph: “The effect of the resurrection orb applies until the Ever-living counter of the bearer is removed by a failed Reanimation Protocols roll (so roll for the bearer’s counter last!).
Other than that, I believe everyone has it right. Just note that a surviving Lord and/or Cryptek is not enough to allow the attached to squad to reanimate if non of the unit's model type(i.e. Warrior) remains.

"Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken." -Urien Rakarth

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-12, 12:21 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Fair enough. The Errata is out of order so I'd missed that one !

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode