Questions for the Wise Guys - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-12, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Default Questions for the Wise Guys

Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this.

I haven't played a game since 3rd/4th edition, but now i am able to work on things again and play. My son is coming to live with me at the end of february and he would like to play. So my enthusiasm to get back into it has grown exponentially.

That said, i have a some questions and no one to ask except here online. The closest "local" gaming store it about an hour away and the closest GW store is 2 hours away. Gone are the days i can call the 800 number for rules clarifications Most have to do with the chaos space marines but not all.

1) If my Chaos warlord has the mark of Tzeentch(or any other mark for that matter) can i use other units with different marks, and be legal? The codex seems to imply that Marks only matter for giving a unit/IC a perk of some sort.

2) Can i make a home brew chaos chapter but use the rules of thousand sons (including Ahriman's rules as my warlord HQ) using the same points cost and still be legal?

3) Can a land raider hold a unit of 8 marines(power armor) and one HQ in term armor(bulky)? Along the same lines could a land raider hold two 5 man units at the same time? Can they start already aboard before the game starts? If said LR was a heavy support choice would that make a difference in transporting models or starting already aboard?

I'll have more very soon but those are at the top of my head atm.

Thanks in advance

Moe.

The Ruinous Powers arent really ruinous, they are just looking for a better party.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-12, 08:47 PM
Thantis's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moetle View Post
Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this.

I haven't played a game since 3rd/4th edition, but now i am able to work on things again and play. My son is coming to live with me at the end of february and he would like to play. So my enthusiasm to get back into it has grown exponentially.

That said, i have a some questions and no one to ask except here online. The closest "local" gaming store it about an hour away and the closest GW store is 2 hours away. Gone are the days i can call the 800 number for rules clarifications Most have to do with the chaos space marines but not all.

1) If my Chaos warlord has the mark of Tzeentch(or any other mark for that matter) can i use other units with different marks, and be legal? The codex seems to imply that Marks only matter for giving a unit/IC a perk of some sort.
Yes they can diffrent marked units, however your warlord can only join like marked or unmarked units
2) Can i make a home brew chaos chapter but use the rules of thousand sons (including Ahriman's rules as my warlord HQ) using the same points cost and still be legal?
Yes, you can do Ahriman as a "counts as" if you want to make your own chapter
3) Can a land raider hold a unit of 8 marines(power armor) and one HQ in term armor(bulky)? Along the same lines could a land raider hold two 5 man units at the same time? Can they start already aboard before the game starts? If said LR was a heavy support choice would that make a difference in transporting models or starting already aboard?
Taking a LR as a heavy choice you can load it with your troops beforehand as it is not a dedicated transport. As for the bulky rule I am fairly sure you can use 8 power armor and 1 bulky termi-lord and be ok transport wise.
I'll have more very soon but those are at the top of my head atm.

Thanks in advance

Moe.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-12, 09:01 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

1. Yes
2. Yes but only if you post fluff/pictures on Heresy
3. Yes you can mix and match your transport capacity as you see fit.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-12, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys.

Question about allies, and the force organization..

Lets say i'm running a chaos marine list and i choose to include an allied daemons HQ and one troops choice. Do they take the place of one of my two HQ and one of my 6 troops choice? or are they in addition to my 2 Hq's and 6 troops choice?

Moe

The Ruinous Powers arent really ruinous, they are just looking for a better party.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-12, 02:04 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

In addition to; the allied force detachment is entirely separate from the primary detachment.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-12, 04:34 AM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

3. B. No only one unit and any accompanying independent character may be in a transport at one time.

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-12, 06:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
3. B. No only one unit and any accompanying independent character may be in a transport at one time.
Except if the two units are the combat squads of the same parent unit.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-12, 07:06 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

The context of the questions was in regards to CSM units. They can't combat squad so the answer is no for the OP.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-12, 08:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
The context of the questions was in regards to CSM units. They can't combat squad so the answer is no for the OP.
For sure but we wouldn't want our mate to be thinking it was just a straight NO and coming a croppa when he plays against Space Marines?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-12, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

ok so i'm still confused, first you said yes then no, which is it?

Original question: Can a land raider hold a unit of 8 marines(power armor) and one HQ in term armor(bulky)? Along the same lines could a land raider hold two 5 man units at the same time? Can they start already aboard before the game starts? If said LR was a heavy support choice would that make a difference in transporting models or starting already aboard?

This question isn't just about chaos marines also btw.

Thanks in advance

Moe

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode