Melee question - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-08, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

davespil's Flag is: USA

Default Melee question

I have a Terminator Sergeant with a power weapon and a Thunder Hammer. With his base attack of one, Terminator Honors gives another, and having two close combat weapons gives him a third attack. What cobination of power weapon and Thunder Hammer attacks do I use? 2 force weapon and 1 Thunder Hammer attack, or 2 hammer and 1 force. Can I do 3 hammer and no force or 3 force and no hammer depending on the situation? I haven't found a rule for it yet, but my Terminator wielding two weapons looks great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-08, 06:29 PM

Drax's Flag is: England

you choose one type of weapon at the start of the round of combat and all your attacks are made using that weapon with any restrictions and rules applicable to that weapon being applied

so either all attacks made by a power weapon or all attacks made with a thunder hammer - your choice
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-08, 06:29 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

I do not think you can choose between combat attacks?

You can have only one weapon, IIRC, in melee and ranged combat, so other than having 2 one-handed weapons giving the +1 attack bonus, you must choose which to use (so 3 (4 if you're attacking) of one weapon) before the combat.

I'm not sure whether you must continue to use the same one you choose per turn, or per combat. For example, if you don't rout your opponents on the charge, whether you're allowed to change weapons the next game turn.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help =(.

~ Vaz.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-08, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

davespil's Flag is: USA

Where is it stated that only one weapon can be used in a round? Not that I don't believe you but I just want it for future reference. Thank you for you answers.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-08, 08:39 PM
rgw

You choose one weapon for all your attacks (generally the stat line of the weapon makes this decision for you). Therefore your model gets 3 attacks with his thunder hammer or his power weapon, you make the call.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-08, 08:42 PM

Revelations's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by davespil View Post
Where is it stated that only one weapon can be used in a round? Not that I don't believe you but I just want it for future reference. Thank you for you answers.
In the Close Combat Special Attacks section of the rule book. Any model may be armed with any amount of close combat attack types, but they must declare which one they are using during that round.

If your case, during your assault phase, you could use the Force Weapon attack, then during your opponents assault phase, you could use the Thunder Hammer attack.

Onnly Grimnar of the Space Wolves is cool enough to split attacks... that cheesy SOB.

Pondering...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode