6th Ed. Wound Allocation Question - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-03-12, 12:33 AM

I support Aramoro, an unsaved wound cant be farther saved after being allocated.

I strongly believe that a 2+ save is a different save than a 2+ rerollable, so i'd go with the mixed armor rule.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-03-12, 12:37 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
What you are saying then, and correct me if I am wrong is that you do this...
5 man unit with libby, takes 10 wounds, ap3.

1: roll 2+ 10 dice, fail 5
2: libby is in front, so his armor save is rerolled. You reroll 5, still fail 3.
3: you can then LOS (correct?) On another 2+, he fails 2, so takes a wound
4: 2 other termies now die.

What that effectively does, is give the entire squad a 2+ re roll....that cannot be right. The way magpie described makes the most sense. Roll all die, los and those that fail go on to kill a terminator, then reroll the failed armor on the libby.
I am not talking about what is written in the rulebook what I am talking about is an expedient method of rolling the dice.

1. Rolling all the armour saves is fine as they all have the same armour save, no worries there.
2. The Libby is in front so what he now needs to do is take each failed armour save in turn and decide a) LoS or b) re-roll armour save. If he takes the re-roll before the LoS he is effectively giving the guy he passes the wound to a re-roll, albeit one that he fails.

i.e. there is an extra die roll in there (the re-roll) that shouldn't be there which will alter the probabilities of the resolution.

If it is the other way around tho' you could
1. Roll all armour saves, any that fail go to:
2. The closest character who doesn't have a re-roll, LoS the first wound onto the Libby, who can then take the re-roll.

repeat step 2 for each unsaved wound.

This is no different to : first wound to closest mini, roll LoS, roll Armour save on libby, re-roll armour save on Libby. You are rolling 3 dice, in the previous example you were rolling 3 dice when you only want to roll 2.

You can't take all LoS in one hit because if you fail the first two the front mini would already be dead (on a 2W mini) so the remaining wounds would be placed direct on the next mini. If you fail the last 2 then there are no more wounds to deal with.

Last edited by Magpie_Oz; 08-03-12 at 12:49 AM.
post #53 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-03-12, 01:47 AM

Taggerung's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post
Nope, the rules on page 15 say, if all the armour saves in the unit are the same, in this case 2+ then you just roll the saved (The hit are not allocated) and work out the unsaved wounds. You then assign the unsaved wounds to models in the unit using the wound allocation method. These wounds are not unsaved, you cannot save them. The libby can make Look Out Sir rolls. He never gets to use his reroll.
That seems kind of lame for the Libby...I totally see where you are coming from, but seems wrong. I guess I would just try and play it as a different armor save then to make it fair.

Check out my DKOK Project Log!

Armies : Raven Lords Chapter, 219th Siege Regiment and Da Grotteef Waaaaghhhh

Currently Painting : 219th Siege Regiment, about 25% done! Last updated 3/7/2013

post #54 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-03-12, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
I am not talking about what is written in the rulebook what I am talking about is an expedient method of rolling the dice.
Ah so you're not talking about the actual rules, fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
That seems kind of lame for the Libby...I totally see where you are coming from, but seems wrong. I guess I would just try and play it as a different armor save then to make it fair.
It's just that old problem of is a re-roll a modifier to your actual save, making it different. I could see possibly yes, but it could go either way really.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode