Elder and DE battle brothers? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Warlord_Winters's Flag is: USA

Default Elder and DE battle brothers?

i just saw in the rule book that they can be the closest allies, is there somewhere in else in the book that says why they are like that instead of desperate allies or something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 10:31 PM

Taggerung's Flag is: USA

Matt Ward. That's why.

No reason given really...the only time I would ever see them being super buddy buddy would be fighting Slaaneshi demons/marines.

Check out my DKOK Project Log!

Armies : Raven Lords Chapter, 219th Siege Regiment and Da Grotteef Waaaaghhhh

Currently Painting : 219th Siege Regiment, about 25% done! Last updated 3/7/2013
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 10:48 PM

davespil's Flag is: USA

More for balance of the game then for fluff I think. Tau and SM are superfriends too.

Have guns, will travel...

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Warlord_Winters's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by davespil View Post
More for balance of the game then for fluff I think. Tau and SM are superfriends too.
but that makes more sense though
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 11:14 PM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

Eldar and their dark brethren have been known to ally with eachother, it tends to be under the influence of the harlequins as both dare not cross them. Other than that they are happy to kill eachother - like every other army in 40k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 12:32 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Dark Eldar is not really the antithesis of Eldar in the same way that Chaos Marines are to Space Marines. DE are really just a more extreme version of the base ideal of the Eldar.

It's a bit like a moderate Presbyterian and a Fire Breathing Evangelist. At the end of the day they are both Christians but one is perhaps a bit more hard core than the other. When the chips are down tho' it is easy to see who will side with whom.

Dark Eldar and Eldar are also all about the deal that has been struck or the "higher plan", so really there is plenty of scope to come up with some fluffy reasons for them to be closely allied.

Or if your totally lacking in any form of creativity you can just say something about Matt Ward.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 12:34 AM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

i read Path of the warrior and somewhere in there it said that they hate their bretheren and hated and anger etc etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 12:37 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPr1est View Post
i read Path of the warrior and somewhere in there it said that they hate their bretheren and hated and anger etc etc
Dark Eldar hate other Dark Eldar as well, "Nocturne" has An'scur fending off multiple attempts on his life some from his female companion, but all that is forgotten when time comes to fight the Salamanders.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 12:39 AM

Against non-Eldar, they would team up and work closely together because the Eldar do not do things by half. They do shit properly.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 12:41 AM

Taggerung's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
Dark Eldar is not really the antithesis of Eldar in the same way that Chaos Marines are to Space Marines. DE are really just a more extreme version of the base ideal of the Eldar.

It's a bit like a moderate Presbyterian and a Fire Breathing Evangelist. At the end of the day they are both Christians but one is perhaps a bit more hard core than the other. When the chips are down tho' it is easy to see who will side with whom.

Dark Eldar and Eldar are also all about the deal that has been struck or the "higher plan", so really there is plenty of scope to come up with some fluffy reasons for them to be closely allied.

Or if your totally lacking in any form of creativity you can just say something about Matt Ward.
Lol, still mad I see? Get over it. You run the Ward fan club or something? Or is it because you crutch on his codices? Actually, don't answer. I don't care, stop trying to start shit on a forum.

The Eldar despise their other half for they are the reason the Fall happened. There is no fluffy reason for them to be allied, except when Harlies or Slaanesh is involved. At this point it's either butchtering fluff or doing it purely for game balance. It's most likely game balance.

Check out my DKOK Project Log!

Armies : Raven Lords Chapter, 219th Siege Regiment and Da Grotteef Waaaaghhhh

Currently Painting : 219th Siege Regiment, about 25% done! Last updated 3/7/2013

Last edited by Taggerung; 08-01-12 at 12:51 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode