Elder and DE battle brothers? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 12:43 AM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord_Winters View Post
i just saw in the rule book that they can be the closest allies, is there somewhere in else in the book that says why they are like that instead of desperate allies or something?
Why would there be? They don't have to justify themselves to us?! Heretical idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davespil View Post
More for balance of the game then for fluff I think. Tau and SM are superfriends too.
I would believe that, except the rest of the chart neither fits with good balance, nor fluff. More likely they just had Codexes by the same author be friends...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 12:45 AM

Taggerung's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
I would believe that, except the rest of the chart neither fits with good balance, nor fluff. More likely they just had Codexes by the same author be friends...
Makes a lot of sense actually...

Check out my DKOK Project Log!

Armies : Raven Lords Chapter, 219th Siege Regiment and Da Grotteef Waaaaghhhh

Currently Painting : 219th Siege Regiment, about 25% done! Last updated 3/7/2013
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 12:55 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Lol, still mad I see? Get over it. You run the Ward fan club or something? Or is it because you crutch on his codices? Actually I don't care, stop trying to start shit on a forum.

The Eldar despise their other half for they are the reason the Fall happened. There is no fluffy reason for them to be allied, except when Harlies or Slaanesh is involved. At this point it's either butchtering fluff or doing it purely for game balance. It's most likely game balance.
Mad ? No.

I'm merely saying that you can either look at things from a fresh perspective or if that's too hard you can just blame Matt Ward and be done with it. You do what ever you wish.

As for "starting shit" perhaps you should just keep your hate to yourself because I for one have only ever responded to what others have said.

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 03:49 AM

Eldar value Eldar lives, of any type, over thousands of lives of anything else. Both can switch sides and join the other as seen in Path of the Warrior, or outcast fluff in general. Craftworld Eldar fight primarily to preserve the Eldar race as a whole, putting their deepest hopes in the Exodites. Dark Eldar fight for a similar goal... To preserve themselves. They also still hold Khaine in high regard, and the Craftworld Eldar are the lucky ducks that get to go into battle with him. Corsairs fit so closely with each they could almost be included in either book. (with a link that close its not hard to see how they could ally) Harlies just sit in the middle and mediate all four.

And aren't all Craftworld Eldar Trueborn? I don't recall any of that tube birthing B.S. in their background.

Last edited by Styro-J; 08-01-12 at 07:58 AM.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Matt Ward. That's why.

No reason given really...the only time I would ever see them being super buddy buddy would be fighting Slaaneshi demons/marines.
If you knew anything about the fluff then you would know they don't hate each other compared to how much they hate everyone else.

To translate for you MATT WARD MATT WARD MATT WARD MATT WARD MATT WARD MATT WARD MATT WARD MATT WARD MATT

That any clearer for you?

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog

Last edited by DeathKlokk; 08-01-12 at 02:25 PM.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 11:57 AM
Feed

Hmm, so we have different factions of the same race fighting alongside each other?

My gods, this has NEVER happened in 40k before! What is this game coming to?

Basically, the differences between the eldar and dark eldar are philosophical. They just live differently. Both despise Chaos. Both desire the continuing survival of the eldar race as a whole.

And if it makes so little sense to you, don't fucking do it?

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 12:33 PM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

I also remember that one of the striking scorpions in path of the warrior used to be an incubi - so can't hate eachother THAT much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 02:32 PM
Lurking in the Darkness

Cougar's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm sure in the DE codex there is fluff around the Incubi in the fact they can't become a fully fleged incubi util they kill an Eldar aspect warrior.

lol
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
I'm sure in the DE codex there is fluff around the Incubi in the fact they can't become a fully fleged incubi util they kill an Eldar aspect warrior.

lol
This is true and there's no doubt that the Eldar see the Dark Eldar as pricks. But they're siblings and will fight together against pretty much any other race. Especially if a Solitaire appears and tells them to do it. They have common goals, which is don't upset the Solitaire.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 03:06 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

The fact that DE can ally with Chaos Daemons is far more senseless than their ability to ally with Eldar.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode