Allies - teleport homer - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-12, 03:24 AM Thread Starter

lockeF's Flag is: USA

Default Allies - teleport homer

So, I was reworking my DW list as I used to enjoy taking a unit of bikes, turbo boosting in my scout move, and using deathwing assault to deepstrike some termies really close to the enemy. Now that I can only move 12 in my scout move, I was rethinking some things. Since DA scouts cannot take teleport homers, what about allying with C:SM and taking a unit of scouts - could I use their teleport homer to deepstrike my DA termies without scattering?

The FAQ doesn't make a distinction like it does for some of the other options that its only things from C:SM. So I would think it is okay.

Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-12, 03:38 AM

Kelann08's Flag is: USA

There's no wording that says you can't. Yet...

But then it wouldn't be a DW army. Does the DW entry in C:DA say anything about restricting units?

~600 points of Necrons - Phase 1
1500 points of Imperial Fists - Pictures Coming Soon

Do you live in the Dallas, TX area and love tabletop tactica? Check out Dallas Area Wargamers on Facebook.
We are working to become a community of wargamers from all over the area as well as a resource for those looking to enter wargaming for the first time.

The Emperor commands us. Dorn guides us. Honour shields us.
Fear our name, for it is vengeance.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-12, 04:00 AM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

If it hasn't been FAQ yet, then I would assume you could, however that might get changed later as it seems to be something only Battle Brothers could do.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-12, 04:36 AM

Not that it matters now, but Ravenwing couldn't Turbo Boost on their Scout move. C:DA didn't allow it. As for the homer working, I don't see why not. It hasn't been FAQ'd out. I'd teleport away.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-12, 12:04 PM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

They are Battle Brothers and as such treat all units as friendly units. The only restriction is embarking upon each others transports.

Go nuts!

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-12, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelann08 View Post
There's no wording that says you can't. Yet...

But then it wouldn't be a DW army. Does the DW entry in C:DA say anything about restricting units?
Not as such, no. You just take Belial, who despite being the most un-special special character in the game does make Deathwing squads Troops, and off you go...

Armies and other stuff:
http://majere613.deviantart.com/
Short stories and writing:
http://thetheleniccurriculum.blogspot.co.uk/
My novel, The Wake of Manadar, on Kindle:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=1&*entries*=0
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-12, 05:06 AM Thread Starter

lockeF's Flag is: USA

Thank you everyone, I had actually forgotten I had asked this. I know techinically it won't be all terminators so its not pure deathwing - but all terminators, a LR, and some allied scouts is close enough for me. I just don't want to walk most of my squads across the board and I hate deepstriking without protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedecook View Post
Not that it matters now, but Ravenwing couldn't Turbo Boost on their Scout move. C:DA didn't allow it. As for the homer working, I don't see why not. It hasn't been FAQ'd out. I'd teleport away.
Again, although it doesn't matter now. I believe they could. In 5th the scout move was FAQd to include being able to turboboost in your scout move if you could turboboost. So I believe it worked in 5th - I could be wrong and maybe it was only jetbikes that could do this, but I was pretty sure the FAQ made it clear that bikes could. I don't understnad why C:DA specifically wouldn't allow it... I must read through the scout section and ravenwing section in the codex then.
Though, since 6th makes it very clear I can only move 12, C:SM scouts seem to be the way to go.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-12, 12:09 AM

Nave Senrag's Flag is: USA

In a similar vein, and because I didn't see anything explicitly denying its possibility in the FAQs, can daemons from Codex: Daemons come in using marks assigned to units from Codex: CSM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
Yup, that sounds about right. The only faction who are a bigger bunch of backstabbers than the Imperium are the Eldar (and this is debatable as the Eldar only stab OTHER factions in the back).
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-12, 01:09 AM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

No because the stupid CSM book specifically lists the units it works for. Why I have no idea, but I would be surprised if it stays in the new book coming out in 2-3 months.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-12, 01:20 PM

Nave Senrag's Flag is: USA

Ah, good. It'll make CSM with Daemon allies killer, especially if infiltrating units can take marks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
Yup, that sounds about right. The only faction who are a bigger bunch of backstabbers than the Imperium are the Eldar (and this is debatable as the Eldar only stab OTHER factions in the back).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode