Dark Eldar Reavers Turbo Boost attacks - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-08-12, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

FallenAngelsRedeemed's Flag is: USA

Default Dark Eldar Reavers Turbo Boost attacks

This came up in a game the other day and only happened to come up with bigger squads of the reavers 5+ in the unit. Now i have read the codex and the FaQ and i am still confused beyond all measure to how this really works.

3-5 bikes can turbo boost over a 5 man unit and all draw the line from point A to point B and get their attacks as the codex states. Now when you have 6-10 bikes it becomes hard for all bikes to make the line from point A to point B and i called my opponent on this as 4 of his bikes didn't even fly over the squad the draw the line from point A to point B, but he argued that the codex states that as long as 1 bike can do this the whole squad can get the blade vanes attacks.

Is this correct? the FaQ kills me with the question related to this matter as it talks about plurals and singulars related to units and attacks like crazy.

So any help would help and if this has already been asked and discussed pls link the thread or recap that thread.

PS i would still argue that this special type of attack is on a bike to bike basis if several bikes could not draw the line over the squad then no blade vanes attack for them .. just me though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-09-12, 04:08 AM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

The line is drawn from any single model before the move and any single model after the move. The rest of the unit's move isn't used in any way. Once this line is drawn the number of models in the unit determines how many hits you roll for. There is no restriction that demands each model follow the line's path or that each model pass over the enemy unit.

Strange, but not a Stranger.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode