Necron Night Scythe the worst transport in the game? - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 01:23 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Have pity on those facing Elysians.

Guard Veteran Squads equipped with multiple Flamers/Plasma and S6 Combi-Las-krak Grenade Launchers, in Flyers armed with a 5" Blast Template and Multi-laser, supported by cheap Deep Striking Multi-meltas, Vendettas, and 150-180pt Flyers equipped with a variety of weapons, from multiple Missile Launchers, to Dual Rocket Pods, to TL Punisher Cannons.

Not to mention a Fearless Guard blob squad sitting on an objective.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Angel View Post
Monolith can also deep strike and with the new deep strike rules, 1: Skimmers that end a move over enemy models move the minimum distance to not be over enemy models, and 2: deep striking vehicles count as moving. Monolith deep strike immunity is back, even if Monolith IC squishing is not.
Can you tell me what page this is on?
Edit: Found it on page 83
If a Skimmer is forced to end its move over friendly or enemy models, move the skimmer the minimum distance so that no models are left underneath it.

Hmm, I guess this rule is there to give deep strike mishap immunity as I can't think of any other situation where the skimmer would be FORCED to end over friendly or enemy models? Perhaps via tank shock or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majere613 View Post
Quick note- unless I misunderstand your list you only need 3 units of Warriors. A unit in a Dedicated Transport only counts as one unit for this purpose. (p. 124) So your two units of Lychguards are 2 choices, the Overlord and Court are another choice. (Or maybe 2 more choices, don't have the Necron book so not sure on that front.)
Anyway, you have 3, or at most 4 units in Reserve for the purposes of the 50% rule, not 6.

I only took 6 units of Warriors to max out the list, not because of reserve rules.

Edit: Going to the club now, let let you guys know later how it went

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 07-06-12 at 02:37 PM.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 08:27 PM

Pandora's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majere613 View Post
Quick note- unless I misunderstand your list you only need 3 units of Warriors. A unit in a Dedicated Transport only counts as one unit for this purpose. (p. 124) So your two units of Lychguards are 2 choices, the Overlord and Court are another choice. (Or maybe 2 more choices, don't have the Necron book so not sure on that front.)
Anyway, you have 3, or at most 4 units in Reserve for the purposes of the 50% rule, not 6.
Units that have to start in reserves(Flyers or Drop Pods) do not count toward that 50% limit. Also, units embarked in transports that are required to be in reserves also don't count. Seems like Necrons are the new all reserve army.

Evil is like shadow. It hides in the tiny cracks, biding its time until the Light fades.

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
Units that have to start in reserves(Flyers or Drop Pods) do not count toward that 50% limit. Also, units embarked in transports that are required to be in reserves also don't count. Seems like Necrons are the new all reserve army.
But under Victory Conditions it says that if at any point your opponent has no models on the table they automatically lose..

So a Daemon player who manages to mishap every single unit first turn and have them destroyed or back in reserves auto loses.

Putting Lichguards in a flier against Tyranids is a BIG mistake. I put 10 Lichguard with a Lord with most upgrades down turn 2 pretty far up. Got shot by 25 Gargoyles only losing the Lord, but with him went the Rez orb and his 2+ 3++. All the Lichguards died from the assault before they even got to swing. Failed so many saves it's not even funny. He did 17 total wounds on me, 11 were auto wounds from Blinding Venom. I failed enough saves to lose the entire unit of Lichguard. We played 2 games and I lost both horribly, first game I had 2 fliers with 10 Lichguard in each, other game I had 4 fliers with 1 Nightscythe and 3 Doom Scythe. Doom Scythes were nasty as hell but only because I could shoot into assaults with them slaughtering tons of nids.

I wanted to try the units under the new rules and vs Nids fliers aren't all that, sure they dont have effective AA but the Necron fliers aren't that scary.

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 07-06-12 at 10:59 PM.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-12, 01:30 AM

Da Joka's Flag is: USA

Nightscythe Transport rule:
TRANSPORT: The Night Scythe has a transport capacity
of 15. It can carry jump infantry (each model takes up two
points of transport capacity) and Jetbikes (each model takes
up three points of transport capacity). If the Night Scythe is
destroyed, the embarked unit is not allowed to disembark,
but instead enters reserve (when they arrive, they cannot
Deep Strike)

God forbid they do something to make a unit cool in Apocalypse (outside of formations) where you can take any unit because you god damn well please and stick whatever you want in it.

And what's wrong with flying up 24" and dropping off a large group of warriors, and then having a flying Annihilation Barge...

Peace, Love, and Mass Destruction

Necrons in 6th Edition W: 28 L: 9 D: 5
Orks in 6th Edition W:9 L:9 D:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
F*** that, Barrel rolling monolith all the way.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-12, 03:14 AM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
But under Victory Conditions it says that if at any point your opponent has no models on the table they automatically lose..

So a Daemon player who manages to mishap every single unit first turn and have them destroyed or back in reserves auto loses.

Putting Lichguards in a flier against Tyranids is a BIG mistake. I put 10 Lichguard with a Lord with most upgrades down turn 2 pretty far up. Got shot by 25 Gargoyles only losing the Lord, but with him went the Rez orb and his 2+ 3++. All the Lichguards died from the assault before they even got to swing. Failed so many saves it's not even funny. He did 17 total wounds on me, 11 were auto wounds from Blinding Venom. I failed enough saves to lose the entire unit of Lichguard. We played 2 games and I lost both horribly, first game I had 2 fliers with 10 Lichguard in each, other game I had 4 fliers with 1 Nightscythe and 3 Doom Scythe. Doom Scythes were nasty as hell but only because I could shoot into assaults with them slaughtering tons of nids.

I wanted to try the units under the new rules and vs Nids fliers aren't all that, sure they dont have effective AA but the Necron fliers aren't that scary.
Lychguard in Scythes is stupid anyway, they are either counterassault or veil units. Scythes gimp them horribly. You want to get them around, use the monolith or a veil. I would never trust an AV11 vehicle, even a flyer, to keep a 600 point unit safe.

post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-08-12, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Joka View Post
And what's wrong with flying up 24" and dropping off a large group of warriors, and then having a flying Annihilation Barge...
An anihilation barge your hitting on 6s unless you are guard and have bought hydras or wasted points on a fortification, and can take a 5+ jink save or if you moved flat out 4+.

On the guard thing, if your opponent takes hydras I would love to watch the look on your face when all the scythes are shot down - however you are still more likely to crash into his units then yours if they are all in the scythes.

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow

Last edited by falcoso; 07-08-12 at 08:01 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode